The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 04, 2010, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Well first I feel you got the call right. The horn doesn't stop play...I always yell play on play on when that happens. It is unfortunate that that happened but yes the ball wasn't touched and there was no whistle to stop play so it would go to team b at the same inbound spot.

As far as the officials throwing you under the bus...that sucks! It happens a lot. Seems that everyone wants while pregameing or post gameing officials bash other officials. It can be easy to get caught up in. But I'm making a conscience effort to not engage in that talk. But to do it publicly is even worse. I would make sure someone knows what happened. And I do nothing annonamously( sorry for spelling).
Old Thu Feb 04, 2010, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Just curious. How is this right? From the description, the ball was in flight during an inbound pass. No team-control at this point. When the horn went off, I was thinking that it should have gone to the arrow since A did not have possession of the ball.

I'd like a rule reference for this please.

EDIT: forget what I said... I just realize the horn doesn't necessarily stop play.
No, you still don't understand the POI rule. If play is stopped DURING a throw-in, by a premature period ending horn due to a timing mistake or an official sounding the whistle, then play is resumed with that throw-in.

Even though there is no team control during this time, this is NOT an AP arrow situation.

Now why won't you take the advice of those who have told you to look this stuff up before you post? If you don't wish to do that, the least that you could do is read more and write less. You just keep posting incorrect rulings and we have to correct them.
Old Thu Feb 04, 2010, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonboys03 View Post
And I do nothing annonamously( sorry for spelling).
Clearly you have no experience with that concept as you don't even know how to spell the word.