The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

RE: Follow-up e-mail, huh?

Sorry ladies and gents...I thought I scrubbed the names from all the postings but obviously I didn't. I thought it was best to delete everything and if people want to discuss this further we'll start a new thread.

Now that I'm a day out it just bothers me how someone got all of our personal e-mails. The assignor is talking this seriously and we are trying to figure out who exactly this guy is, what is his affiliation and want to avoid this situation in the future.

For all of you that didn't read the original thread, perhaps I'll explain it later....

-Josh
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 10:01am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Taking what seriously? The critique or the fact that he got your emails?
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 10:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to jalons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Taking what seriously? The critique or the fact that he got your emails?
I would imagine he is steamed by the fact the reporter got the emails. The assignor isn't one to sell out his officials.
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 10:10am
Official Forum Member

The assignor is concerned how this person got our e-mail addresses. The assignor is someone who backs up the officials 100%, he has been great. We are not concerned about the critique. We are going to review the tape and go from there.

-Josh
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmara View Post
The assignor is concerned how this person got our e-mail addresses. The assignor is someone who backs up the officials 100%, he has been great. We are not concerned about the critique. We are going to review the tape and go from there.

-Josh
My guess is that someone in the association passed them along. Every association has a few poeple that would rather chop others down than work to improve themselves.
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 01:49pm
Official Forum Member

Please post some of the details or email me. Since its an Iowa thing I'm pretty curious, especially if its in central Iowa.
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 02:53pm
Official Forum Member

To make a long story short...

Unbeknown to me on Tuesday, we had a photographer on the sideline that was heckling the other two officials. To make it better, this photographer e-mailed one of the officials the next day to criticize our officiating the evening before. Come to find out he was a member of the press for the visiting city. I felt this contact with an official was unprofessional and unethical by a member of the media and I let the conference assigner, AD from both schools, and fellow officials know my opinion.

Update: I just got an e-mail from the AD of the home school. He has informed me that this photographer will no longer be welcome to use his media pass any longer on their campus.

Hopefully this situation is resolved and this member of the media knows it's not appropriate to do this any longer. I hope the next time he disagrees with the officiating he goes to his respective AD to complain. If they feel the need to pass on the concerns, they can go to the conference assigner.

Lesson learned. I'm getting a copy of the video from the home AD so it'll be interesting to watch.

-Josh
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Was he removed from the sidelines during the game? I've never had to do this in hoops, but I did have an AD talk to a photographer in a football game one time. He changed his ways in the second half and got to stay on the sidelines. Bad situation, but makes for an interesting conversation amongst us.
Old Thu Jan 28, 2010, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleringer View Post
Was he removed from the sidelines during the game? I've never had to do this in hoops, but I did have an AD talk to a photographer in a football game one time. He changed his ways in the second half and got to stay on the sidelines. Bad situation, but makes for an interesting conversation amongst us.
I was unaware of this situation with the other two officials and the photographer, he was not removed, but probably should have been.

-Josh