The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   MSU-UM Burr down (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/56734-msu-um-burr-down.html)

eyezen Tue Jan 26, 2010 07:33pm

MSU-UM Burr down

UM - MSU going two man 6:50 left in first half - seemed to be back issue

CDurham Tue Jan 26, 2010 07:38pm

What happened?

mick Tue Jan 26, 2010 08:11pm

"They" called it back spasms.
I wonder if he gets mileage.

Edit
FWIW: This is an ESPN game.

constable Tue Jan 26, 2010 08:12pm

Didn't see it happen- turned it on at half as I'm trying to brush up on 3whistle mechanics before my camp in the summer and I couldn't find the centre- thought it was shoddy camera work for a trip or 2 down the floor.

bas2456 Tue Jan 26, 2010 09:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by constable (Post 655726)
Didn't see it happen- turned it on at half as I'm trying to brush up on 3whistle mechanics before my camp in the summer and I couldn't find the centre- thought it was shoddy camera work for a trip or 2 down the floor.

That would be the big red line in the middle...:p

Nevadaref Wed Jan 27, 2010 04:10am

I've always liked the job that Burr does as an official. Unfortunately, I realize that I have admired his officiating for several years now. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for Jim. He isn't getting any younger. The problem with these veteran guys who the coaches are comfortable with is that they eventually break down.

dsqrddgd909 Wed Jan 27, 2010 06:47am

I found it interesting how much one of the officials moved as L along the endline vs. his partner.

mbyron Wed Jan 27, 2010 07:29am

I've picked up some of Welmer's games, but I still have some availability.

Especially in March.

:)

mick Wed Jan 27, 2010 08:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 655804)
I've always liked the job that Burr does as an official. Unfortunately, I realize that I have admired his officiating for several years now. Perhaps this is the beginning of the end for Jim. He isn't getting any younger. The problem with these veteran guys who the coaches are comfortable with is that they eventually break down.

I have never admired anyone for officiating.
What am I missing ?

grunewar Wed Jan 27, 2010 08:17am

Burr and I have something in common.......

Quote:

Neither am I! ;)

Indianaref Wed Jan 27, 2010 08:37am

Quote:

I've always liked the job that Burr does as an official. Unfortunately, I realize that I have admired his officiating for several years now.

Why is it unfortunate?

Jeremy Hohn Wed Jan 27, 2010 03:58pm

Wow, first Wellmer now Burr? Higgins and Hightower need to make sure they are plenty loose! Seems like the veterans are going down like flies!

bbcof83 Wed Jan 27, 2010 04:08pm

Was at the barn last night for Minn vs Northwestern. Hightower, Hartzell and Wymer worked it. Hartzell really looks to be laboring out there. Looked to be knee or hip. I hope he isn't the next to go down, he's a great official.

Mark Padgett Wed Jan 27, 2010 04:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 655830)
What am I missing ?

Links to videos of Earl Strom working. ;)

Nevadaref Thu Jan 28, 2010 05:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 655830)
What am I missing ?

Really, you don't know what I mean?
I'll get mbyron to phrase my thought in a way that you can understand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 655836)
Why is it unfortunate?

Because it shows how long he has been at this and that he is likely at the tail end of his officiating career. Since I've always believed him to be one of the best, I find that somewhat sad.