The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 26, 2010, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Who is the Technical assigned to?

If you Tech in this situation, how is it charged? As a Team Tech but then it does not fall under any Admin criteria? Is it a Direct Tech on HC then?
Old Tue Jan 26, 2010, 05:33pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaco54 View Post
If you Tech in this situation, how is it charged? As a Team Tech but then it does not fall under any Admin criteria? Is it a Direct Tech on HC then?
It's the same as giving a Tech to any team supporters not on the bench. Team T only.
Old Tue Jan 26, 2010, 05:44pm
Official Forum Member

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
It's the same as giving a Tech to any team supporters not on the bench. Team T only.
thanks for the reply
Old Tue Jan 26, 2010, 06:28pm
Official Forum Member

I meant to start a thread about this a few years ago after a game where we had a minor issue with cheerleaders (coach wanted them removed from under basket where they were shooting). There's no specific rule on this.

In situations where they aren't in my way or otherwise interfering with the game as I see it, what exactly are we to do if a coach complains? I personally wish the rules committee would say something about where cheerleaders can and can't be but until they do, how do we handle it?

I think its reasonable to say they will not be allowed under the basket, rather in the corner, but you might want to make sure your association will enforce that uniformly.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 09:07am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I meant to start a thread about this a few years ago after a game where we had a minor issue with cheerleaders (coach wanted them removed from under basket where they were shooting). There's no specific rule on this.

In situations where they aren't in my way or otherwise interfering with the game as I see it, what exactly are we to do if a coach complains? I personally wish the rules committee would say something about where cheerleaders can and can't be but until they do, how do we handle it?

I think its reasonable to say they will not be allowed under the basket, rather in the corner, but you might want to make sure your association will enforce that uniformly.
I personally ask the cheerleaders to remain outside the 3-point line. Under the basket is a safety hazard as far as I'm concerned.
Old Wed Jan 27, 2010, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

A group of cheerleaders was removed from a state championship series in Virginia last year for failing to comply with sportmanship requirements. They were removed by game management and not the officials. I don't remember exactly what they did, but this thread reminded me of it happening.