The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 04:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Unhappy I'll probably be in a "foul" mood tonight

5th grade boys later tonight. I've had one of the teams a few times already this season. They like to foul. I mean - really like to! They probably average about two or three of their players fouling out each game. I had one of their games in which five of them fouled out. They just don't care and sometimes laugh about it. At least the fouls are usually not intentional, and I haven't had any flagrants by them.

The worst part is that their coach doesn't seem to try to instruct them on what they're doing wrong. He just tells them things like "nice try" and "good hustle".

Oh yeah - my partner for tonight's game loves to call games really tight. This might take a while.
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Lucky you Mark!

I've got back to back FR & JV boys games tonight - somewhat of a rivalry (HillHi & Century)...should be interesting......
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 05:13pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor View Post
Lucky you Mark!

I've got back to back FR & JV boys games tonight - somewhat of a rivalry (HillHi & Century)...should be interesting......
At least we don't have to worry about snow. Also, my game is at the school that's less than five minutes from my house. I figured out a few weeks ago that I've worked over 500 games at that school in my career.
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 05:15pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
At least we don't have to worry about snow. Also, my game is at the school that's less than five minutes from my house. I figured out a few weeks ago that I've worked over 500 games at that school in my career.
My second season in town now, and I've yet to work a single game at the nearest high school. It's just a fluke of scheduling, but it cracks me up.
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 05:22pm
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
My second season in town now, and I've yet to work a single game at the nearest high school. It's just a fluke of scheduling, but it cracks me up.
Back in California, my football assigner would often have us work youth games on the other side of the Bay Area from where we lived.

There were plenty of times where I'd travel 25-30 miles from home to work games at one site while, the guys working the game in my home town were from the city where I would be working. We often joked we could wave to each other on the freeway as we passed going in opposite directions.
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 06:31am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
5th grade boys later tonight. I've had one of the teams a few times already this season. They like to foul. I mean - really like to! They probably average about two or three of their players fouling out each game. I had one of their games in which five of them fouled out. They just don't care and sometimes laugh about it. At least the fouls are usually not intentional, and I haven't had any flagrants by them.

The worst part is that their coach doesn't seem to try to instruct them on what they're doing wrong. He just tells them things like "nice try" and "good hustle".

Oh yeah - my partner for tonight's game loves to call games really tight. This might take a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullor30 View Post
Morning call to fill in for two girls games, 7th & 8th grade

Games over in 1:45

80.00 game fee

Two blocks from home.....grilled salmon and a glass of Merlot waiting

Priceless!
Does Fuller's game make you feel any better?
Old Wed Jan 13, 2010, 07:56am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Exclamation

Quote:
They like to foul. I mean - really like to! They probably average about two or three of their players fouling out each game. I had one of their games in which five of them fouled out.
Anyone see the Villanova vs Louisville game on 11 Jan?

66 fouls.
94 foul shots!
20 players committed fouls.
Three players fouled out.

Talk about a long game!