The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 09, 2010, 08:00pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking A family affair

Boys 6th grade rec this morning (first game of six I worked today - 3 boys, 3 girls from 6th thru 8th grades). Coach just won't shut up. Partner gives him stop sign, then a few minutes later tees him up. Middle of Q4, the guy starts up again and partner gives him his second T and ejects him. As he's reporting to the table, a woman sitting nearby loudly thanks my partner. She says the guy never knows when to shut up. Then she adds, "By the way, I'm his wife".

We both just cracked up.
Old Sat Jan 09, 2010, 08:20pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Boys 6th grade rec this morning (first game of six I worked today - 3 boys, 3 girls from 6th thru 8th grades). Coach just won't shut up. Partner gives him stop sign, then a few minutes later tees him up. Middle of Q4, the guy starts up again and partner gives him his second T and ejects him. As he's reporting to the table, a woman sitting nearby loudly thanks my partner. She says the guy never knows when to shut up. Then she adds, "By the way, I'm his wife".

We both just cracked up.
I was watching a G11/13 (noncompetitive) Rec Game for a few minutes before my son's game today and I heard one of the dad's say, "Tanya, back up a bit. Move your feet. Don't reach."

Then I heard, "Ssssh. Will you be quiet. Let the coach, coach! Ssssh!" And, as I looked in the small crowd, I saw the man's wife, end their little conversation by giving him "the look."

Never heard another peep out of him the rest of the time I was there......