The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   At the Kohl Center (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/56195-kohl-center.html)

Rich Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:00pm

At the Kohl Center

R - Hightower
U1 - Welmer
U2 - O'Neill

Wisconsin vs. Ohio State

ESPN

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:20pm

start counting

Rich Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:25pm

Rebounding foul. O'Neill steps out and reports and puts it in play.

Ball coming up. Hightower reporting same foul. Almost got run over.

Welpe Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:29pm

What's the Welmer count up to? 20? :)

Rich Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:32pm

Actually it looks like he's in pain. Hard time up and down.

bbcof83 Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 647406)
start counting

If you get tired of the Welmer count, let me know how many times Hightower does the squat freeze with optional bird dog.

I love it! So old school.

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcof83 (Post 647419)
if you get tired of the welmer count, let me know how many times hightower does the squat freeze with optional bird dog.

aaauuuuuuggghhhh!

bbcof83 Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:37pm

Did Welmer toss? That's usually an awkward multi minute ordeal.

Indianaref Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:37pm

The Buckeyes needing Turner back soon. Wisc up big.

Rich Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:38pm

Motta has 1-3 assistants up all the time. Guess that's OK today.

Rich Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:41pm

Diebler whining about bot getting bailed out. Brought up the other end. Welmer not thrilled. Motta got Diebler out of there and made nice with Welmer.

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:42pm

Diebler? He isn't also on the crew? What is this world coming to?

Welpe Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:43pm

Play by play from an officiating standpoint, now this is good. :D

grunewar Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:45pm

Heck, just having Welmer and Diebler in the same arena helps reduce wear and tear on my remote! :D

fullor30 Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 647397)
R - Hightower
U1 - Welmer
U2 - O'Neill

Wisconsin vs. Ohio State

ESPN

For those scoring at home O'Neill is the one without an actors guild card.

Rich Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:48pm

Center court seat and an iPhone.

fullor30 Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 647426)
Motta has 1-3 assistants up all the time. Guess that's OK today.

I thought Motta retired??

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:5.../cache2.asset-

Welpe Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:50pm

Rich, snap some pics of Hightower doing the funky chicken at mid-court for us.

StripesOhio Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:52pm

I watched Michigan/Indiana and they made a comment at the end that the crew doing that game was the same crew that did Cincy/UConn the night before.

O'Brien made a comment that they talked with them before the IU/UM game and the crew said that is not how they wanted the game to end but he had to call the foul. 0.7 seconds left.

I don't like that some officials will say swallow the whistle at the end of halves...my opinion is I officiate a full game...no matter the time or the score. Just because the game is close and winding down shouldn't be a cue for players to foul hard and get away with it.

bbcof83 Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StripesOhio (Post 647443)
I watched Michigan/Indiana and they made a comment at the end that the crew doing that game was the same crew that did Cincy/UConn the night before.

O'Brien made a comment that they talked with them before the IU/UM game and the crew said that is not how they wanted the game to end but he had to call the foul. 0.7 seconds left.

I don't like that some officials will say swallow the whistle at the end of halves...my opinion is I officiate a full game...no matter the time or the score. Just because the game is close and winding down shouldn't be a cue for players to foul hard and get away with it.

Interesting post but I think it belongs here:
http://forum.officiating.com/basketb...conn-game.html

grunewar Thu Dec 31, 2009 02:59pm

C'mon show some stones.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 647441)

Either go up to the table and ask them if they need any help (make chseagle proud) or run out on the court at the beginning of the second half and wave to us! :cool:

Rich Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 647441)

Upper deck center court or I would.

One creeping death for Welmer so far and one macarena by Hightower in the first half. Badgers up 9 and it should be more.

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 647449)

One creeping death for Welmer so far and one macarena by Hightower in the first half. Badgers up 9 and it should be more.

Well find the big screen operator and tell him at halftime you need a pic of the pose and the tug and maybe he'll oblige.

muxbule Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:11pm

This whole thread made me laugh. Even the chseagle reference. :D

fullor30 Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StripesOhio (Post 647443)

What did you think of call against Indiana that trail called a block and it looked like a travel late in game IMHO.

I'm probably wrong since Bilas agreed with me.

Cobra Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbcof83 (Post 647419)
If you get tired of the Welmer count, let me know how many times Hightower does the squat freeze with optional bird dog.

Last night he has Illinois vs. Northwestern. He called a foul (fist up) and the shot went in. He then gave the score the goal signal and stepped forward and went into a frozen bird dog stance for a second or two before reporting the foul....pretty sweet.

bbcof83 Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra (Post 647460)
Last night he has Illinois vs. Northwestern. He called a foul (fist up) and the shot went in. He then gave the score the goal signal and stepped forward and went into a frozen bird dog stance for a second or two before reporting the foul....pretty sweet.

CLASSIC!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 647449)

HAHA, "Creeping Death", what a great description of that oft-used, terrible Welmer mechanic. I love it.

grunewar Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by muxbule (Post 647454)
This whole thread made me laugh. Even the chseagle reference. :D

For those of you new to the Forum, wait until March Madness when we have our own chatroom and watch/discuss multiple games at once! Hoorah!!!

tomegun Thu Dec 31, 2009 03:55pm

Steve Wellmer :rolleyes:

For everyone who things Hightower does the funky chicken or whatever, I hope you say something similar about our two "Golden Boys" out west. At least Hightower does if after he makes the call instead of before.

Welpe Thu Dec 31, 2009 04:04pm

I'm equal opportunity when it comes to lampooning, Ed just came to mind first. :D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...k3dY3/610x.jpg

Jurassic Referee Thu Dec 31, 2009 04:08pm

Hightower is becoming painful to watch in his dotage.

Look at me, look at me, look at me....

Still a good official but Oh My.....

26 Year Gap Thu Dec 31, 2009 04:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 647481)
I'm equal opportunity when it comes to lampooning, Ed just came to mind first. :D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...k3dY3/610x.jpg

Someone posted a site last year where this pic was superimposed into other settings.

muxbule Thu Dec 31, 2009 04:16pm

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...k3dY3/610x.jpg[/QUOTE]

And all he was doing was signaling to his partner that the subs were on the floor and he may proceed with shooting the free throws.:D

chseagle Thu Dec 31, 2009 04:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 647447)
Either go up to the table and ask them if they need any help (make chseagle proud) or run out on the court at the beginning of the second half and wave to us! :cool:

Rich, you didn't live up to your promise to make me proud LMAO :eek::)

fullor30 Thu Dec 31, 2009 05:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chseagle (Post 647490)
Rich, you didn't live up to your rpomise to make me proud LMAO :eek::)

Ed's directing his ire at you to zip it.