The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 24, 2009, 02:18am
Official Forum Member

Asics Shoes?

Hello everyone...new to the forum. Wondering if anyone has tried the "Asics Men's Gel-TRX"? I have had shin splints for about a month now and have been looking for a new shoe. I usually train at the gym with standard Asics and I have never had an issue.... so I'm thinking about giving these a try. Right now I have New Balance SH-NL low-cut high gloss. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by hawkeyegb; Thu Dec 24, 2009 at 02:33am.
Old Thu Dec 24, 2009, 07:22am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
No, but thanks........

I am an Asics customer for many, many yrs.

I have found it difficult however to find a court shoe and have tried many different brands.

After much trial and error, I found the best running shoe for me is the Asics Gel-Foundation - specifically meant for wide-footed, over-pronators, with flat feet, etc.

While looking at the shoe you asked about I noticed a Black, Asics Gel-Foundation, walking shoe which I have purchased and will now try on the courts.

It would be great if I have finally found the right shoe for my feet for the court and don't have to settle for "what's out there."

So, sorry I can't help with your particular shoe - but thanks for helping me stumble onto a court shoe that is exactly what I use to run in!

PS - As has been said many times on this forum, shoes should be chosen based on many factors: type of feet, size, width, comfort, cushion, court surfaces, etc. In my "brief research" I couldn't find in either shoe where they are similar - other than they are both shoes for durability and impact. The type of feet/shoe - meaning cushion, high arch, overpronation, heavy runner, etc., are more important than anything esle. Good luck and thanks again!
Old Thu Dec 24, 2009, 09:37am
Official Forum Member

I officiate lacrosse and field hockey as well as basketball, and I love Asics. I have used the GEL TRX womens shoe and the GEL 130's as well. They are a little heavier, but are comparable to many New Balance in weight. The 130's hold a good shine as well.
If you like Asics, you'll like these for officiating.
Old Thu Dec 24, 2009, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=grunewar;645503]I am an Asics customer for many, many yrs.

While looking at the shoe you asked about I noticed a Black, Asics Gel-Foundation, walking shoe which I have purchased and will now try on the courts.
It would be great if I have finally found the right shoe for my feet for the court and don't have to settle for "what's out there."

No, No, No!!!!! I'ma huge Asics fan but Don't run in walkers. There are many on here who used to do so and ended up hurt. They are not made for officiating!
Old Thu Dec 24, 2009, 03:30pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
No, No, No!!!!! I'ma huge Asics fan but Don't run in walkers. There are many on here who used to do so and ended up hurt. They are not made for officiating!
OK, I'll take that under advisement and let you know how it goes. If it doesn't work, I'll switch back.

Appreciate the feedback.
Old Thu Dec 24, 2009, 05:28pm
Official Forum Member

link...

this is the shoe I was talking about and it is a training shoe, all black- http://www.endless.com/dp/B0029F29GW...SIN=B0029F29GW

They also have another one that is all black- www.coaches-choice.com/item122.htm
Old Fri Dec 25, 2009, 12:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
OK, I'll take that under advisement and let you know how it goes. If it doesn't work, I'll switch back.

Appreciate the feedback.
Guys on this board have torn their achilles tendons wearing walkers. They are soft, all black, and shine up great.... but it's a big gamble. I had a post about Reebok walkers a few years back. I had lots of people chime in and tell me not to use walkers.
Old Fri Dec 25, 2009, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

I'm a long distance runner. I've worn the ASCIS 21xx series,ran a marathon in the Nimbus and have now switched over to try the Kyano.

I just wish they made a patent leather shoe as I feel their running shoes are superior.