The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:09pm
Official Forum Member

How Many Games in a Week

Starting tonight, I've got 8 games in the next 6 days. What's the most you've ever done in a week?
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Girls V last night
Girls JV tomorrow
Boys JV Friday
Freshman double header Saturday AM
Girls Frosh JV Double header Saturday afternoon
4 CYO games (7th-8th grade) Sunday afternoon.

What can I say? I'm a hoe.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
Starting tonight, I've got 8 games in the next 6 days. What's the most you've ever done in a week?
I did the same thing last week. One HS game each night (Monday-Friday) and then 3 Bantam League games on Saturday.

At least I got re-acquainted with my bottle of Advil.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:28pm
Official Forum Member

Youknow, I used to always have a bottle of Aleve (referee's candy) in my bag. last year, I started drinking Mona Vie Active formula. In spite of weighing too much, I haven't had to hit that bottle in two years. Its expensive, but well worth it.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:39pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post

Are you counting the weeks when I would do 8 AAU games in a single day?

During the regular season most weeks its 3 but occasionally 4.

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 01:48pm.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:44pm
Do not give a damn!!

I cannot remember. All I do I have worked 7 days a week and in some cases multiple games in a day (usually during the weekends). I do not do that anymore even if I could. Then again I was in college at the time and loved the money.

Peace
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

I had 8 games last week, but that will be my heaviest week of the season. In my first few years I used to do many more games, worked a lot of kids rec league games on the weekends in addition to my high school games during the week. After several years, I found that I was getting burned out and couldn't wait for the season to end. Now I generally try to not work more than 2 or 3 nights a week (some of those nights are varsity doubleheaders) and I enjoy my season a lot more. That's just what works for me; I know guys who have been doing this for 20 years who still work kids leagues every Saturday and Sunday, 5 or 6 games each day in addition to their varsity schedule. Just isn't for me. After all if you're not having fun, why do it?
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:54pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I've got six this week including three Rec Games Saturday.

As has been pointed out by others, I have done multiple in a day (when I was younger), but now need to take a little nap even after just three or four. I don't do more than that anymore. I've done six in one day which pales in comparison to some numbers you will get here.

I've worked hard this year in a great many leagues to gain experience and improve my HS schedule - I'm happy to say its worked!

As has been said many times here before, if the Assignor calls, and you can do the games, take em!

* This just in......Mr Arbiter just informed me I have two more games on Friday. Wish I would get my games in a more timely manner........

Last edited by grunewar; Tue Dec 08, 2009 at 02:15pm. Reason: * Ole Arbiter
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

1 jr high - M
Fresh/JV - Tu
1 jr high - W
1 Girls V - Th
4 boys rec - Sat.

9 games - 5 days.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 01:58pm
M.A.S.H.

The most I've had in a week is 10 (Monday-Saturday). It was a long week but a lot of fun and of course the money was nice too.

On Sunday, I don't think I moved all day.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Last year I replied to an email about a weekend tournament. I answered that I would be able to assist in officiating. 9 games on Saturday. 6 on Sunday.
They had a whirl pool at this rec center. I used it after my Sunday games.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 02:34pm
certified Hot Mom tester

I sometimes work 10 games on a weekend (2 Fri night and 4 each on Sat and Sun) and I have had weeks in which I have also worked 1 or 2 games a night Mon thru Thu, so I guess it's not incredibly unusual for me to work up to 18 games in a week, although it only happens once or twice in a season.

I did work a MS tournament two years ago in which I worked 15 games on a Fri night, Sat and Sun (3 on Fri night, 6 each on Sat and Sun). I required them to pay me a med allowance.

Disclaimer - some of the MS games are shorter than NF rules, i.e.: 6 or 7 minute quarters or running clock, but a lot of them are standard 8 minute quarters.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 02:42pm
Huck Finn

I'm not sure about a week, but one year I had 3 days off in January! I was living in the DC area at the time and when a few games got snowed out I was OK with it. Some of these games required travel to West Virginia (in snow) and the whole thing was brutal.

I couldn't do that again.
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 02:54pm
We don't rent pigs

Once worked an all day independent tournament on a Saturday. 11 that day.

Same week our little kids rec league tourney was going on 4 nights. Twenty something games total, I think.

Lonesome Dove
Old Tue Dec 08, 2009, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I sometimes work 10 games on a weekend (2 Fri night and 4 each on Sat and Sun) and I have had weeks in which I have also worked 1 or 2 games a night Mon thru Thu, so I guess it's not incredibly unusual for me to work up to 18 games in a week, although it only happens once or twice in a season.

I did work a MS tournament two years ago in which I worked 15 games on a Fri night, Sat and Sun (3 on Fri night, 6 each on Sat and Sun). I required them to pay me a med allowance.

Disclaimer - some of the MS games are shorter than NF rules, i.e.: 6 or 7 minute quarters or running clock, but a lot of them are standard 8 minute quarters.
MS games 8 minute quarters??????