The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Be an official donator of Friends of the Rotterdam Basketbalclass (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/5559-official-donator-friends-rotterdam-basketbalclass.html)

fonsmm Mon Aug 05, 2002 09:51am

http://www.rotterdambasketbal.nl

[Edited by fonsmm on Aug 5th, 2002 at 09:54 AM]

firedoc Thu Aug 08, 2002 07:06pm

Greetings to the Netherlands. I lived in Belgium in the 70s while attending school there (in Dutch). I still speak a little bit of the language and it was refreshing to see some good old "Nederlans"

fonsmm Fri Dec 07, 2007 07:15am

thanks

bedankt voor de reactie
thanks for replying

Scrapper1 Fri Dec 07, 2007 09:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedoc
I lived in Belgium in the 70s while attending school there (in Dutch).

I visited Belgium for a month in the late '80s, but it was in a primarily French-speaking region (Liege). I really liked it there. Beautiful country.

Dan_ref Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I visited Belgium for a month in the late '80s, but it was in a primarily French-speaking region (Liege). I really liked it there. Beautiful country.

As a young man my father found himself in and near Belgium from Dec '44 through Jan '45.

He wasn't so thrilled about it but he did say it was a life changing experience.

Scrapper1 Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan_ref
As a young man my father found himself in and near Belgium from Dec '44 through Jan '45.

And in complete seriousness, I can't tell you how grateful I am that he was there in '44, so I didn't get shot at in '87.

Dan_ref Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:47am

Quote:

And in complete seriousness, I can't tell you how grateful I am that he was there in '44, so I didn't get shot at in '87.

Oh c'mon...let's not go and get too maudlin over this. :)

Scrapper1 Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:56am

Quote:

Oh c'mon...let's not go and get too maudlin over this. :)

I didn't mean to be maudlin. But let's face it. Europe would be a hell-hole right now if weren't for the service of hundreds of thousands of people like your dad.

It might not still be a war zone, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to be strolling through Nazi Belgium in '87.

Dan_ref Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:28am

Quote:

I didn't mean to be maudlin. But let's face it. Europe would be a hell-hole right now if weren't for the service of hundreds of thousands of people like your dad.

It might not still be a war zone, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to be strolling through Nazi Belgium in '87.

geeze...getting so you can't just toss off a simple sardonic comment around here without someone's eyes tearing up and taking you seriously...

Anyways, did you hear JR's cousin died in a Nazi concentration camp? He fell out of a guard tower.

Scrapper1 Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:36am

Quote:

geeze...getting so you can't just toss off a simple sardonic comment around here without someone's eyes tearing up and taking you seriously...

Hey, I said "in all seriousness" to start out with. Then you got sardonic and confused me.

BTW, how much are you donating to the Rotterdam Basketbalclass?

Dan_ref Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:41am

Quote:

Hey, I said "in all seriousness" to start out with. Then you got sardonic and confused me.

BTW, how much are you donating to the Rotterdam Basketbalclass?

I'm going to donate a game fee from the games I work in that league.

Nevadaref Sun Dec 09, 2007 03:05am

<TABLE class=tborder id=post52338 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead>Mon Aug 05, 2002, 07:51am <!-- / status icon and date -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><!-- user info --><TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>fonsmm http://forum.officiating.com/images/...er_offline.gif<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_52338", true); </SCRIPT>
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Anyone else notice the date of OP and then the response?:confused:

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>Fri Dec 07, 2007 04:15am</TD></TR><TR title="Post 463758" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>fonsmm</TD><TD class=alt2>bedankt voor de reactie
thanks for replying</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

FIVE YEARS!:eek: Internet service must be really slow over there! :D

fonsmm Mon Jun 10, 2013 06:10am

lol:)

Raymond Mon Jun 10, 2013 08:03am

Wow, he's back.

I spent a couple nights in Oostend.

JugglingReferee Mon Jun 10, 2013 09:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 897001)
Wow, he's back.

I spent a couple nights in Oostend.

Aug 2002 -> Dec 2007.

Dec 2007 -> June 2013.

We should check back in Q4/2018. :)