The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   C test coming up (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/55569-c-test-coming-up.html)

fullor30 Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:32am

C test coming up

I'm going for certified next weekend and have an online two hour window to complete exam which is open book. Sounds easy, yet I admit I'm not the best when it comes to true and false.

Any prep or test tips that you've used in past?

BillyMac Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:52am

Casebook Study ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 638407)

I believe that studying the casebook is just as important as studying the rulebook. Just my opinion.

BktBallRef Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:52am

It's open book, you've got two hours. Don't sweat it.

tjones1 Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:55am

Best of luck fullor30! Certified is the highest level in Illinois for those who don't know.

Before I took mine (before the test was online) I was able to dig up some old Part II exams with the help of Tony (BktBallRef). I just went through those as if I was actually taking the test then scored my exam. It gave me a good idea where I was a little weak (i.e. court and equipment) and I studied Rule 1 a lot before going.

Again, good luck!

JRutledge Fri Nov 27, 2009 05:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 638411)
It's open book, you've got two hours. Don't sweat it.

Sometimes the fact is is open book and you have to answer questions in a time limit that can be a problem for some people.

Peace

Back In The Saddle Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 638452)
Sometimes the fact is is open book and you have to answer questions in a time limit that can be a problem for some people.

Peace

Either way, stressing about it won't help. So...don't sweat it.

just another ref Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 638413)
Best of luck fullor30! Certified is the highest level in Illinois for those who don't know.

Does this mean that Illinois has a separate test to achieve each level? Here, we take one test and our rating level is determined by the score.

bob jenkins Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 638476)
Does this mean that Illinois has a separate test to achieve each level? Here, we take one test and our rating level is determined by the score.

Everyone takes the Part 1 test every year.

An official starts out as "registered." After 2 years, you can take the part 2 test to become "recognized." 2 years after that, you can take the part 2 test again to become "certified." (And, there are other requirements at each level).

jeschmit Sun Nov 29, 2009 04:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 638407)
I'm going for certified next weekend and have an online two hour window to complete exam which is open book. Sounds easy, yet I admit I'm not the best when it comes to true and false.

I am going for the next level in Illinois this year, as well. I am trying to become registered. I've always been told to trust your instincts with answers that are kind of confusing.

Study the case book, as well as the rules book, that's for sure. Also, make sure you have the P.O.E. near you as you're taking the test.

Other than that, just make sure that you answer all of the questions in the two hour window! Don't leave anything blank if you do happen to run out of time... It is 50/50 if you can't get through all the questions!

JRutledge Sun Nov 29, 2009 04:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeschmit (Post 638561)
I am trying to become registered. I've always been told to trust your instincts with answers that are kind of confusing.

Do you mean "Recognized?" If you have a license already, you are already registered. The Part 2 Test (and the promotion process) is only for those going for Recognized and Certified levels.

Peace

jeschmit Sun Nov 29, 2009 05:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 638562)
Do you mean "Recognized?" If you have a license already, you are already registered. The Part 2 Test (and the promotion process) is only for those going for Recognized and Certified levels.

Peace

Yeah, my bad, I meant recognized.... I always seem to get those two confused for some reason.