The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Pants (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/55550-pants.html)

SAK Wed Nov 25, 2009 03:12pm

Pants

Currently in the process of losing weight. I need to purchase new pants as my current ones just don't stay up. I am looking for input as far as to purchase Honigs, Sansabelt, or Smitty. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

stripes Wed Nov 25, 2009 04:04pm

Always been a Sansabelt guy myself. They are more $, but worth it IMO. Fit better, look better, etc.

mbyron Wed Nov 25, 2009 04:13pm

I just bought 2 more pair of the Smitty's, got them last night, and took them to the tailor today for alteration. The leg seems slightly straighter than my previous pairs, but maybe that was wishful thinking...

Great pants, though, and durable.

Nevadaref Wed Nov 25, 2009 09:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAK (Post 638192)
Currently in the process of losing weight. I need to purchase new pants as my current ones just don't stay up. I am looking for input as far as to purchase Honigs, Sansabelt, or Smitty. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I wore the Sansabelt for the four years when I was on the East Coast, but have switched to the Honig's since being out here.

I like the Honig's pants MUCH better. It isn't even close in my opinion.

I wear the BP51s.

Mregor Wed Nov 25, 2009 09:59pm

Sansabelt. Had Honigs but they didn't hold up as well as Sansabelt. Current pair of Sansabelt are 3 years old and look like new. Just my 2 cents. Your mileage may vary.

Mregor

refnrev Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:08pm

I've always been a Sansabelt guy since going beltless, but I bought 2 pair of Smittys this year after losing a bunch of weight. They are both top quality. The Smitty's are about 10 bucks cheaper and I really think I like the fit and feel of the Smittys a little better.

Nevadaref Thu Nov 26, 2009 01:05am

Quote:

Originally Posted by refnrev (Post 638255)
... I bought 2 pair of Smittys this year after losing a bunch of weight. ...I really think I like the fit and feel of the Smittys a little better.

Cause and Effect. ;)

refnrev Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 638269)
Cause and Effect. ;)

Could be, could be.:)

tjones1 Thu Nov 26, 2009 05:03pm

I have always worn Honig's. I just bought two pairs of Sansabelt's from The Referee's Call on Wednesday. Some of the people I work with wear Sansabelt slacks and comparing them I think they hold up a little better and don't fade as quickly.

Jeremy Hohn Sat Nov 28, 2009 06:25pm

I have some 4 yr old Sansabelts, beltless, and they still look good! Dry cleaning is the key to prevent fading!:)

SAK Sat Nov 28, 2009 06:33pm

I don't like to dry clean, doing that ends up costing more than getting new pants.

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Sun Nov 29, 2009 03:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAK (Post 638521)
I don't like to dry clean, doing that ends up costing more than getting new pants.

Always, with apologies to the late J. Dallas Shirely, dryclean your officiating pants. Your pants will last longer, the steam pressing of the pants will give you a nice sharp crease, and the cost of drycleaning is a business deduction on your Schedule C.

MTD, Sr.

BillyMac Sun Nov 29, 2009 04:04pm

He Loved My Cake, Chipped A Tooth On The File ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 638558)
The cost of drycleaning is a business deduction on your Schedule C.

Sounds like we use the same accounting firm: Dewey, Cheatam & Howe. I just visited my accountant today. He has a new cellmate, Bernard Madoff.

zm1283 Sun Nov 29, 2009 07:38pm

We're supposed to wear pants to referee?

tjones1 Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 638575)
We're supposed to wear pants to referee?

So they claim... :D