The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Throw in after T... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/55488-throw-after-t.html)

bob jenkins Sat Nov 21, 2009 01:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 637340)
I think the original poster meant is there a situation in NF under which the inbound spot would be somewhere other than the division line, not if there is a situation in which you wouldn't inbound at all.

The answer to that is no. And - it's always at the division line opposite the table.

Not true. The OP didn't exclude double Ts, in which case your answer is incorrect.

(and, thanks for the greater proportion of on-topic responses)

Camron Rust Sat Nov 21, 2009 01:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chess Ref (Post 637291)
In HS ball is there ever a time after a Technical foul that you wouldn't throw in at the division line ?

I'm trying to think of one but I can't come up with one and I have a feeling there has to be a one off somewhere around this.....And not talking about a double T.....

If there is a personal foul during the FT's for the T (the ball is live), the subsequent throwin will be at the spot nearest the foul. Likewise if a violation occurs after the T is called.

just another ref Sat Nov 21, 2009 01:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 637436)
If there is a personal foul during the FT's for the T (the ball is live), the subsequent throwin will be at the spot nearest the foul. Likewise if a violation occurs after the T is called.

First: How could there be a personal foul during technical free throws?
There are no "normal offensive and defensive movements" to be hindered.

Second: This might be obvious, but it escapes me. What violation could there be after the T?

Back In The Saddle Sat Nov 21, 2009 01:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by just another ref (Post 637439)
First: How could there be a personal foul during technical free throws?
There are no "normal offensive and defensive movements" to be hindered.

Second: This might be obvious, but it escapes me. What violation could there be after the T?

As Camron points out, the ball is live. There are nine other players with a little time on their hands. It could happen.

The violation one, that's eluding me as well. Even the shooter committing a FT violation still goes to the second FT or a division line throw-in. Excessive elbows or leaving the floor during the FT? Perhaps the T was for purposely slapping the backboard while a try was in flight, which was immediately followed by a BI or GT?

just another ref Sat Nov 21, 2009 02:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 637443)
As Camron points out, the ball is live. There are nine other players with a little time on their hands. It could happen.

I can't imagine anything happening that you would call, short of a fight.

Mark Padgett Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 637435)
Not true. The OP didn't exclude double Ts, in which case your answer is incorrect.

Really? Then what does "And not talking about a double T" mean?