The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Online video examples (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/55338-online-video-examples.html)

hoopguy Mon Nov 09, 2009 08:47am

Online video examples

In my opinion, the NCAA women's online video examples are the best clips I have seen on the web. They used to be viewed for free at eofficials.com for members. Membership is free. Unfortunately, the NCAA has pulled their stuff off eofficials and are now using there own pay for use website($50). Does anyone know of a comparable video examples website which is free? I have looked at the NFHS - dartfish stuff. That is okay but not near as good as NCAA women's.

IREFU2 Mon Nov 09, 2009 09:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopguy (Post 635139)
In my opinion, the NCAA women's online video examples are the best clips I have seen on the web. They used to be viewed for free at eofficials.com for members. Membership is free. Unfortunately, the NCAA has pulled their stuff off eofficials and are now using there own pay for use website($50). Does anyone know of a comparable video examples website which is free? I have looked at the NFHS - dartfish stuff. That is okay but not near as good as NCAA women's.

Since the NCAA has bough most of Arbiter Sports, I am thinking this is an attempt to put all of there content there. We (NCAA-W) Officials had to register there and pay the $50 to become a member. This gives us access to everything on the site. This is was a discounted rate for us and we also got a rule book, case book and a portfolio. The clips are great and you can search on what you are looking for...i.e. traveling, post play etc.

The R Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IREFU2 (Post 635150)
Since the NCAA has bough most of Arbiter Sports, I am thinking this is an attempt to put all of there content there. We (NCAA-W) Officials had to register there and pay the $50 to become a member. This gives us access to everything on the site. This is was a discounted rate for us and we also got a rule book, case book and a portfolio. The clips are great and you can search on what you are looking for...i.e. traveling, post play etc.

How do you navigate to the video area on arbitersports?

IREFU2 Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by The R (Post 635168)
How do you navigate to the video area on arbitersports?

I believe you have to register and pay.

The R Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IREFU2 (Post 635184)
I believe you have to register and pay.

I am already a member of arbitersports. Are you saying I have to register as a NCAA-W official to be granted access to the videos?

IREFU2 Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:24pm

No, I believe if you have registered and paid, then you should be able to access the content. Just click the video link in the central hub.

bob jenkins Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The R (Post 635186)
I am already a member of arbitersports. Are you saying I have to register as a NCAA-W official to be granted access to the videos?

Yes -- register and pay.

It has nothing to do with the scheduling side.

The R Mon Nov 09, 2009 02:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 635203)
Yes -- register and pay.

It has nothing to do with the scheduling side.

Thanks Bob. I am only a member of the scheduling side of the software. I did not realize that there was another side to it.

Dang! And I was looking forward to those vids too.