The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Cliff Keen shirts (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/55181-cliff-keen-shirts.html)

johnSandlin Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:18pm

Cliff Keen shirts

Does anyone use Cliff Keen shirts for basketball? If so, what is the opinion of them?

Vinski Wed Oct 28, 2009 09:33am

I have some CK ultra-mesh shirts. Love ‘em. I know that a lot guys prefer the Honigs because they say they’re softer, but I wear a compression shirt anyway. The CKs seem to fit me better and the price is decent.

JPaco54 Wed Oct 28, 2009 09:51am

Mesh Shirts

I bought a nice mesh shirt, from Gerry Davis then my association stated that they do not allow mesh shirts...go figure, what is wrong with mesh shirts? I guess they don't like the holes in them?:mad:

Scratch85 Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnSandlin (Post 633229)
Does anyone use Cliff Keen shirts for basketball? If so, what is the opinion of them?

I have a Cliff Keen that I rotate with my other shirts. It has been a fine shirt. It doesn't wrinkle and has held up remarkably well. I have had it several years and no problems.

JRutledge Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:33am

I personally think the Cliff Keen shirts are the best. You can usually get them from different vendors. I love those shirts and try to wear those most often.

Peace

Camron Rust Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPaco54 (Post 633272)
I bought a nice mesh shirt, from Gerry Davis then my association stated that they do not allow mesh shirts...go figure, what is wrong with mesh shirts? I guess they don't like the holes in them?:mad:

THe anti-mesh attitude really is out-dated and is really targeted against the first couple of generations of the mesh shirts. With the older ones, the shirt really looked different even at a moderate distance. Neither the white nor the black was really crisp and the undershirt worn under them really affected the brightness and contrast more than non-mesh shirts. The modern mesh shirts are almost indistinguishable except from very close distances. I wear them any way. They're much more comfortable and cooler.

JRutledge Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 633303)
THe anti-mesh attitude really is out-dated and is really targeted against the first couple of generations of the mesh shirts. With the older ones, the shirt really looked different even at a moderate distance. The modern mesh shirts are almost indistinguishable except from very close distances. I wear them any way. They're much more comfortable and cooler.

Agreed.

Peace

refnrev Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:48am

I have 3 Cliff Keen regular and one Smitty mesh. Need I say more? OK, I will. I love the CKs.

KJUmp Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 633288)
I personally think the Cliff Keen shirts are the best. You can usually get them from different vendors. I love those shirts and try to wear those most often.

Peace

Rut...
2nd year ref here and I need to stock up on some new shirts. Got through my first year with a hand me down Ferrell that I love (and can't seem to find a supplier to order more) and a new Majestic that I hated (too tight).
How do the CK's run on size...true to form?
Thanks
KJump

refnrev Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12pm

I think they run pretty true... I like my shirts real loose so I wear a XXL even though an XL would fit. I also get the long despite the fact that I'm only 6' just because they stay tucked in better.