The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Goaltending A Free Throw ... (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/55021-goaltending-free-throw.html)

BillyMac Thu Oct 15, 2009 08:00pm

Goaltending A Free Throw ...

I just got this off the Sixty Seconds On Officiating website. You don't see this very often, so I thought it was worth posting:

YouTube - Goaltending A Free Throw

Back In The Saddle Thu Oct 15, 2009 08:19pm

We had a good discussion about this when it happened. Was that last season? Maybe the one before. You're right. You don't see that every day. :)

The first time I saw the video my impression was that the calling official was a little too ... emphatic? in signalling the T. I just watched it again. I still feel that way. :shrug:

jdmara Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:53pm

It was 2007 season. I went back and looked at the box score and found they did not administer it correctly. They game Paterson a charge foul and added a foul to the team total. According to 60 sec, it should be a team tech not charged to the player or the team total.

-Josh

Back In The Saddle Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmara (Post 631154)
It was 2007 season. I went back and looked at the box score and found they did not administer it correctly. They game Paterson a charge foul and added a foul to the team total. According to 60 sec, it should be a team tech not charged to the player or the team total.

-Josh

60 Seconds gave the current ruling. However, the Class A/Class B system was only added last year. Did the crew get it right according to 2007 rules?

JRutledge Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 631155)
60 Seconds gave the current ruling. However, the Class A/Class B system was only added last year. Did the crew get it right according to 2007 rules?

Yes they did. I believe we discussed this here as well.

Peace

jdmara Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 631155)

Good point! Never thought about that...Missed another obvious thing. I think I'll just stop posting now lol

-Josh

mbyron Fri Oct 16, 2009 07:36am

I enjoyed reading the coach's lips: "Go for it!"

Probably forgot to add: "...but don't goaltend!"

jdmara Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 631175)

I think he is saying "goaltend it"

Adam Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:01am

This might be the easiest call in all of basketball.

Camron Rust Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 631175)

Hope you never loose your hearing...your lipreading ability might get you killed! :eek: