The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Is it violation when your pass hit the oponent head? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/54238-violation-when-your-pass-hit-oponent-head.html)

mendi Wed Aug 05, 2009 03:08pm

Is it violation when your pass hit the oponent head?

And its matter if its on purpose or not?

2) if A try to save the ball from out of bounds and he jumps trying to throw the ball on oponent body. is there any rule regarding the power of throwing, or the body areas that he allowd to throw the ball on (on purpose ofcourse)?

bob jenkins Wed Aug 05, 2009 03:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendi (Post 619082)
And its matter if its on purpose or not?

2) if A try to save the ball from out of bounds and he jumps trying to throw the ball on oponent body. is there any rule regarding the power of throwing, or the body areas that he allowd to throw the ball on (on purpose ofcourse)?

It is not a violation.

It might be a technical foul.

Mark Padgett Wed Aug 05, 2009 04:06pm

Mendi - if you think the player was intentionally trying to hurt the other player, then you have a technical foul. Other than that, you have no call.

For instance, if A1 is falling OOB with the ball and he turns and fires it directly at B1's baytzim, then you blow your whistle and signal the T.

Guys - don't worry. Mendi and I know what "baytzim" means. :D

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Wed Aug 05, 2009 04:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 619090)
Mendi - if you think the player was intentionally trying to hurt the other player, then you have a technical foul. Other than that, you have no call.

For instance, if A1 is falling OOB with the ball and he turns and fires it directly at B1's baytzim, then you blow your whistle and signal the T.

Mark:

Please refresh my memory: Is "baytzim" Yiddish for what I think they are? :D

MTD, Sr.

Adam Wed Aug 05, 2009 04:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 619093)
Mark:

Please refresh my memory: Is "baytzim" Yiddish for what I think they are? :D

MTD, Sr.

huevos?

BillyMac Wed Aug 05, 2009 05:50pm

Always Listen To bob ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 619083)
It is not a violation. It might be a technical foul.

Not exactly the same, but close enough:

10.3.6 SITUATION B: A1 has the ball out of bounds for a designated spot throw-in. B1 is putting great pressure on and the count is at four seconds when A1 throws the ball and it strikes B1’s face. The ball rebounds from B1’s face directly out of bounds. RULING: The administering official will have to make a decision based upon a number of observations. Was the throw-in to B1’s face purely accidental or was it a voluntary, planned act? Was the ball contact caused by the movement of the defender? Was the act of a an unsporting nature? The administering official must be aware that players often react negatively in situations where they are frustrated or are retaliating for something which happened earlier in the game.

mendi Wed Aug 05, 2009 06:00pm

;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 619090)

hehe

And if u smash his "Beytzim" with your hand its technical foul?

Mark Padgett Wed Aug 05, 2009 06:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendi (Post 619113)
hehe

Only if you're not out together on a date. :D

Adam Wed Aug 05, 2009 07:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mendi (Post 619113)
hehe

Only if the ball is already dead. If it's live, it would be a personal foul (likely intentional or flagrant.)

bob jenkins Thu Aug 06, 2009 07:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 619123)
Only if the ball is already dead. If it's live, it would be a personal foul (likely intentional or flagrant.)

If the beytsim was smashed, it could go from being live to becoming dead.