The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   CCA Basketball 3-person mechanic book (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/53789-cca-basketball-3-person-mechanic-book.html)

johnny1784 Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:46pm

CCA Basketball 3-person mechanic book

Does anyone know of a web site that currently sells the 2009-20010 CCA Women's 3-person basketball mechanics book?

Nevadaref Mon Jun 29, 2009 01:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny1784 (Post 611249)
Does anyone know of a web site that currently sells the 2009-20010 CCA Women's 3-person basketball mechanics book?

I don't know whether the new version has been released yet. I think that it is due out in August.

You can keep an eye out on a couple of websites. Here is one: CBOA Home

LSams Tue Jun 30, 2009 09:06am

I used to always order mine from Honigs

GoodwillRef Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny1784 (Post 611249)

It goes to print in August and usually comes out in late September...they are still deciding whether to switch the primary coverage areas for women's college for the 2009-10 season.

Here is the website for Referee Magazine who produces the CAA Manuals...nothing on their site at all yet.

Referee / NASO: The Collegiate Commissioners Association Officiating Manuals

Raymond Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodwillRef (Post 611546)
It goes to print in August and usually comes out in late September...they are still deciding whether to switch the primary coverage areas for women's college for the 2009-10 season.

Here is the website for Referee Magazine who produces the CAA Manuals...nothing on their site at all yet.

Heard of a couple possible mechanic changes on the Men's side:
  • Hand to the head as a foul mechanic
  • Old trail (defensive fouls) or old lead (offensive fouls) going to 'C' when ensuing throw-in will be in backcourt

All_Heart Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47am

Two Hand Reporting is going to be "Optional"!

I heard about the Hand to Head "Signal" but I haven't heard about the backcourt switch. Interesting...
  • Hand to the head as a foul mechanic
  • Old trail (defensive fouls) or old lead (offensive fouls) going to 'C' when ensuing throw-in will be in backcourt

johnny1784 Wed Jul 01, 2009 03:13pm

Quote:

Thanks to all who replied. This link Referee / NASO: Basketball has both men's and a woman’s 2009-10 CCA basketball manuals for "pre-order only" at $15.95.

Back In The Saddle Wed Jul 01, 2009 05:18pm

Quote:

Switch the PCA's how?

bob jenkins Wed Jul 01, 2009 08:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 611897)
Switch the PCA's how?

Switch from the current rectangle (FT line extended to the sideline) to some sort of triangle (e.g., NCAAM or FED).