The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   The Neverending Story - spring league (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/53382-neverending-story-spring-league.html)

Mark Padgett Tue May 26, 2009 05:22pm

The Neverending Story - spring league

Just when I thought I wouldn't be working any games until summer league starts the end of June, I got a call to work three "makeup" spring league games this coming Saturday. Technically, the season's over, but for some reason of which I am not aware, some of the teams missed some games and are playing them now.

I guess that means I'll have to do laundry. Oh yeah - did I mention these are 8th grade girls games? YIPPIE!!!

Don't know yet who my partner is, but I hope it's someone with a good sense of humor.

Amesman Tue May 26, 2009 05:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 604724)
Don't know yet who my partner is, but I hope it's someone with a good sense of humor.

Does (s)he really have a choice?

DonInKansas Tue May 26, 2009 05:34pm

Quote:

You'll find out by the look on their face when you show up in horizontal stripes.:D

grunewar Wed May 27, 2009 05:23am

Quote:

.....but for some reason of which I am not aware, some of the teams missed some games and are playing them now.

C'mon Mark! Those parents paid good money to have their kids play a certain number of games and if they don't the league will just have to give them some money back - which is just too hard to do..... :rolleyes:

So grab your whistle and strap em on big guy!

just another ref Wed May 27, 2009 08:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonInKansas (Post 604728)
You'll find out by the look on their face when you show up in horizontal stripes.:D

work release program? :D

Mark Padgett Wed May 27, 2009 10:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 604806)
C'mon Mark! Those parents paid good money to have their kids play a certain number of games and if they don't the league will just have to give them some money back - which is just too hard to do..... :rolleyes:

I'm not saying they shouldn't play the games, I'm just saying I don't know why some games were "missed". It's not like they were rained out.

Ref Ump Welsch Wed May 27, 2009 10:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 604806)

So grab your whistle and strap em on big guy!

I know I'm definitely NOT going to be in the same locker room with you! :eek: :D

Coach Bill Wed May 27, 2009 04:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 604854)
I'm not saying they shouldn't play the games, I'm just saying I don't know why some games were "missed". It's not like they were rained out.

In our area, spring league games are played at the high schools, and we actually will get rained out occasionally, because the high school spring teams use the gyms to practice when it rains. They have priority.

Mark Padgett Wed May 27, 2009 05:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Bill (Post 604994)
In our area, spring league games are played at the high schools, and we actually will get rained out occasionally, because the high school spring teams use the gyms to practice when it rains. They have priority.

Not the case here. This is at a private facility. Here's the link to their website. The Hoop YMCA | Basketball Facility| Beaverton|Leagues|tournaments|Hoop Academy

BTW - if you click on the referee schedule link, my number is 122.

Ref Ump Welsch Wed May 27, 2009 05:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 605007)
Not the case here. This is at a private facility. Here's the link to their website. The Hoop YMCA | Basketball Facility| Beaverton|Leagues|tournaments|Hoop Academy

BTW - if you click on the referee schedule link, my number is 122.

I forsee lots of crying 8th grade girls this weekend. :D

Nevadaref Wed May 27, 2009 06:05pm

The girls will be okay. It's their coaches who will be crying. :eek:

Ref Ump Welsch Wed May 27, 2009 06:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 605014)
The girls will be okay. It's their coaches who will be crying. :eek:

True, true! :)