The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Auf Wiederschreiben (off-topic) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/5337-auf-wiederschreiben-off-topic.html)

rainmaker Fri Jul 05, 2002 09:06pm

... which means, "Until I write again". I'm heading out to what Padgett calls, "Metricland", where they drive on the wrong side of the road. You all keep Padgett in line, and be nice to Rutledge, until I get back, late on the 21st. Meantime, I'll be winging to Kenya, with a stop-over in Belgium, and seeing all kinds of interesting things, none of which has anything to do with basketball. No kids, no coaches, no assignors, no shin-splints, no out-of-bounds... I'm going to see another life, which involves survival instead of scholarships, disease instead of injury, and eternity instead of 10-seconds-backcourt! Anyone out there who prays, please pray for my safety and for the success of my mission. Anyone who wants more info can e-mail me when I return, and I'll report in detail.

Happy Hooping!

[Edited by rainmaker on Jul 5th, 2002 at 09:11 PM]

JRutledge Sat Jul 06, 2002 01:11pm

I did that already.

Quote:

Originally posted by rainmaker
Anyone who wants more info can e-mail me when I return, and I'll report in detail.

Happy Hooping!

[Edited by rainmaker on Jul 5th, 2002 at 09:11 PM]

Consider this done yesterday.

You will always be in my prayers.

Peace and God Bless.

Mark Padgett Sat Jul 06, 2002 06:43pm

A few weeks before she left, we worked some games together and Juulie told me how many shots she had to get before she was allowed to go. It sounded like more than I've had in my entire life.

I guess it's good to know she probably won't be getting beri-beri or typhoid.

I asked her if she was taking a good book to read on the plane and she said she just downloaded all of Rut's posts to keep her company. ;)

Jurassic Referee Sat Jul 06, 2002 06:59pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Mark Padgett
A few weeks before she left, we worked some games together and Juulie told me how many shots she had to get before she was allowed to go. It sounded like more than I've had in my entire life.

I guess it's good to know she probably won't be getting beri-beri or typhoid.

I asked her if she was taking a good book to read on the plane and she said she just downloaded all of Rut's posts to keep her company. ;)

There's a shot available for anyone that tries to read Rut's posts,too.Didn't she get that one? :D

mick Sat Jul 06, 2002 08:09pm

Jewel,
Be Well.
mick

ChuckElias Sun Jul 07, 2002 11:22am

Best wishes, Juules. I loved Belgium; I hope your experience there is as good as mine was.

Chuck

Mark Padgett Sun Jul 07, 2002 01:17pm

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckElias
Best wishes, Juules. I loved Belgium; I hope your experience there is as good as mine was.

Chuck

Does anybody else remember the Monty Python skit where they had a quiz show to come up with an ethnic slur for Belgians? The premise was that the British have an ethnic slur for every other European nationality except that one, so they had a contest.

If you get past the political incorrectness and remember this was done in the 70s and that the point was to show how ridiculous ethnic slurs are, it's really funny.

theboys Tue Jul 09, 2002 01:59pm

I'll bite...what was the winning entry?