The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 13, 2009, 02:01pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Assigners / Chapter Secretaries

If you are a secretary / assigner for a local high school chapter, small college, or other leagues (summer/spring leagues, etc.) send me an email ... [email protected]

Reason: I'm looking for input from assigners on how they schedule their games, what their biggest ongoing problems are, what technology they use, etc.

Thanks,
Brad

Last edited by Brad; Wed May 13, 2009 at 02:36pm. Reason: Because everyone is going to ask "Why?"
Old Wed May 13, 2009, 03:26pm
Courageous When Prudent

So you don't want emails from non-assignors complaining about how assigning is done locally?
Old Wed May 13, 2009, 04:22pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
So you don't want emails from non-assignors complaining about how assigning is done locally?
No, but he'll take emails from assigners complaining about whiny officials who think they aren't getting enough good games.
Old Wed May 13, 2009, 05:06pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Complaints about *how* it is done, or how you think it could be done better are fine.

Complaints that you are not getting enough games, etc., will be sympathized with and then summarily ignored.
Old Thu May 14, 2009, 08:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
If they tell you, they will have to kill you!
Old Fri May 15, 2009, 06:26am
Official Forum Member

My biggest problem is officials who don't fill out their availabilities properly and decline assignments.
Old Mon May 25, 2009, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
My biggest problem is officials who don't fill out their availabilities properly and decline assignments.
I think that speaks more about the assignor. Make it known that if the availability is not up to date, it will cost them the game you are trying to give them and their next highest level game. They will get the hint.
Old Tue May 26, 2009, 06:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

Bylaws ...

The responsibilities of each official under this agreement shall be as follows:
1. To accept no officiating assignment under the Commissioner’s jurisdiction without the authorization of the Commissioner. Schools and/or teams must secure the services of our officials through the Commissioner’s office.
2. To realize that all dates will be assumed to be open except as noted in (3) and (5) below, and that assignments will be made accordingly.
3. To Commissioner or his designate up to date information including but not limited to phone number(s), mailing address, and email address by September 1 of each year.
4. To continually update their availability in whatever manner or mode the Board is utilizing for assignments.
5. To close, with the Commissioner by Sept 1, all other dates (i.e. social, classes, etc.).
6. Failure to comply with (3) and (5) above, which necessitates the reassignment of games, will result in a fine for each assignment change. A fine will result any time the Commissioner has to call an official requesting confirmation of an assignment. Failure to comply may result in future assignments being made invalid, and being reassigned. The standing of a member for ensuing years may be affected.
7. Confirmation of initial annual assignments must be made within 72 hours of receipt. Confirmation of additional assignments must be made within 24 hours of receipt or as may be specified by the Commissioner.
8. A fine must be paid for each assignment not fulfilled. The fine will be that particular game fee.
9. Switching of assignments with other officials is prohibited.
10. Substituting for another official, without authorization of the Commissioner, is prohibited except if a last minute change is necessary and the Commissioner cannot be reached. All officials involved must notify the Commissioner within twenty-four (24) hours.
11. Acting as an agent or commissioner for any school, league or conference for the purpose of assigning games without consent of the Commissioner and the Executive Committee is prohibited.
12. Officials accepting games from schools, or agent, as a result of a violation of (9), (10), and (11) above are liable to immediate suspension.
13. Each official shall pay a percentage of his/her total game fees for the season assigned by the Commissioner to the Secretary/Treasurer. This percentage is determined by Article I Section III (B).
14. Any official who does not work a game with his/her assigned partner must notify the Commissioner on the same day as the game was played, explaining in detail the circumstances.

Fines-Fines shall be assessed for the following list determined by the Commissioner based on his/her policy and approved by the Executive Committee:
1. Missing an assignment
2. Turning back an assignment
The dollar amount of the fines shall be determined by approval of the budget. The due date and the late payment penalty shall be determined by the Executive Committee and announced by or at the February meeting.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)