The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Dallas TX Association?

I will be moving to Dallas next week and am wondering if anyone can give me any contact info for the high school basketball association (if there is one) in Dallas. Also any contacts for reffing summer ball or any other high school and under leagues would be appreciated.

If you could send a private message or email me directly at [email protected], I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 07:16pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Hope This Helps ???

Dallas Basketball Officials Association | Home

North Texas Basketball Officials Association

SFA Basketball Officials Association
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 08:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I will be moving to Dallas next week and am wondering if anyone can give me any contact info for the high school basketball association (if there is one) in Dallas. Also any contacts for reffing summer ball or any other high school and under leagues would be appreciated.

If you could send a private message or email me directly at [email protected], I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Augh, no!! Smitty, I"ll miss you! *gulp* Could you at least come back for my summer 3x3 stuff? It just won't be the same without you!
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 09:31pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
*wonders if that is one of the associations that require officials to blow their whistles as they enter the playing area*
Old Wed Apr 29, 2009, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
*wonders if that is one of the associations that require officials to blow their whistles as they enter the playing area*
yes it is.

Smitty, if you're actually living in Dallas, DBOA is where you should go. If you're living north of Dallas, the North Texas Chapter is the one. Both chapters have camps this summer that would help you get some contacts (I, unfortunately, can't help you with the east side of the Metroplex).
Welcome to the D/FW, LOTS of good basketball being played here, the area was represented very well at the state tournament.
Old Wed Apr 29, 2009, 03:15pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

This link is much better: Dallas Basketball Officials

(Sorry, I had to )
Old Thu Apr 30, 2009, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
yes it is.

Smitty, if you're actually living in Dallas, DBOA is where you should go. If you're living north of Dallas, the North Texas Chapter is the one. Both chapters have camps this summer that would help you get some contacts (I, unfortunately, can't help you with the east side of the Metroplex).
Welcome to the D/FW, LOTS of good basketball being played here, the area was represented very well at the state tournament.
I have never attended the Dallas Chapter camp, but have attended North Texas' camp...pretty good camp but if you live in the Dallas area it is a fairly long drive as it is near Denton.

The Fort Worth Chapter also has a camp the weekend after Labor Day and will be closer. Very reasonably priced and a good camp. I recommend you attend a couple so you can get down the "Texas Exceptions".

I dont know the part of "Dallas" you are moving into or the area in which you will be working at your real job...but if you send me an email I can let you know which chapter(s) you may want to consider. While traffic is not a disaster, with three chapters in the area the coverage area gets odd. While you live in the Dallas chapter area, schools in the area of you employment may be serviced by Ft Worth of North Texas. Besides, many people say they are in "Dallas" when they are actually in one of two dozen cities that make up the Metroplex. :-) I also can give you the email address of the administrative secretary/treasurer of all three chapters so you can get the transfer process started.
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
Augh, no!! Smitty, I"ll miss you! *gulp* Could you at least come back for my summer 3x3 stuff? It just won't be the same without you!
Thanks Juulie. Not looking like I'll be back this summer, but I'm sure the show will go on without me.
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
yes it is.

I just sent in my dues for the DBOA. I've been communicating with Harry and Donna, so I've got the ball rolling. I registered for a 3-man camp this weekend but I haven't heard from them, so I'm not sure if I got in. I didn't realize I had to be a member of the association just to attend the camp, so that might screw it up. I have to call the guy running the camp to see if I'm in or not. Need to learn me some 3-man mechanics.

I'm looking forward to working in a big city again. Should be a lot of fun, once I pay my dues and work my way up. This is association #6 for me, so I know how it goes to start over again as a transfer.

Any contacts for summer ball you can give me would be greatly appreciated. You can PM me if you don't want to post contact info publicly. Best thing would be 2-man ball right now since I can jump right in.
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Duck View Post
I have never attended the Dallas Chapter camp, but have attended North Texas' camp...pretty good camp but if you live in the Dallas area it is a fairly long drive as it is near Denton.

The Fort Worth Chapter also has a camp the weekend after Labor Day and will be closer. Very reasonably priced and a good camp. I recommend you attend a couple so you can get down the "Texas Exceptions".

I dont know the part of "Dallas" you are moving into or the area in which you will be working at your real job...but if you send me an email I can let you know which chapter(s) you may want to consider. While traffic is not a disaster, with three chapters in the area the coverage area gets odd. While you live in the Dallas chapter area, schools in the area of you employment may be serviced by Ft Worth of North Texas. Besides, many people say they are in "Dallas" when they are actually in one of two dozen cities that make up the Metroplex. :-) I also can give you the email address of the administrative secretary/treasurer of all three chapters so you can get the transfer process started.
I'm working at Love Field and living in the Carrollton area, but have a Dallas mailing address...so pretty much near North Dallas. I looked at the DBOA coverage map and I could get anywhere pretty easily (depending on traffic) as I get out of work at 4pm usually.
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 09:46am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
(Sorry, I had to )
Brad, that's quite possibly the funniest post in a while.
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 10:49am
Official Forum Member

Dave,

Just saw this thread - hope this is a step up for you and wish you the best. We'll miss you here - I've always enjoyed the games we've worked together.

Keep in touch, eh?

Tim
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
I registered for a 3-man camp this weekend but I haven't heard from them, so I'm not sure if I got in. I didn't realize I had to be a member of the association just to attend the camp, so that might screw it up. I have to call the guy running the camp to see if I'm in or not. Need to learn me some 3-man mechanics.
I am such a dumba$$. Just found out the listing on the website for camps is for last year's camps, so no wonder I haven't heard from anyone about the camp - there isn't one. At least I'll be known for something - they won't forget my name now...
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTaylor View Post
Dave,

Just saw this thread - hope this is a step up for you and wish you the best. We'll miss you here - I've always enjoyed the games we've worked together.

Keep in touch, eh?

Tim
Thanks for the kind words, Tim. Stuff happens - you just have to roll with the punches. I was setting up for a big year in the PBOA and now starting over (again) in a new association I will get to see just how good the middle school ball is here in the big city.

Say hi to Howard for me...
Old Mon Jun 15, 2009, 12:00pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
Juulie - maybe he means Dallas, Oregon.