The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 25, 2009, 07:29am
Official Forum Member

Question Official Choice products - your opinon

I'm on Official Choice's email list and received an email that they are selling beltless referee pants at 19.95 (reg. 49.95). If you have bought a pair in the past, what do you think about them?
Old Sat Apr 25, 2009, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Although I have not purchased any pants from them, I have purchased their shirts. I think that their shirts are of excellent quality. I would think the same to be true of their pants.
Old Sat Apr 25, 2009, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

I've heard on here before that the pants don't fit quite like the other brands and the material is thin. I like their basketball shirts but their baseball shirts have been documented on the baseball forum as being pretty cheap and there are also design flaws.

Spend the money and get Sansabelts. They'll last longer and fit better.
Old Sat Apr 25, 2009, 12:38pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
I have always liked the shirts. The pants on the other hand...google 'pantaloons' & you'll get the idea. I have purchased both belted & beltless. See 'pantaloons' above.
Old Sat Apr 25, 2009, 04:33pm
M.A.S.H.

These might help.... for what it's worth I am also a user of their shirts - great shirt!

Officials Choice Beltless Pants
OC Pleated Slacks
Old Sat Apr 25, 2009, 08:52pm
Official Forum Member

Shirts good. Pants bad....very bad. Wasted money on 2 pairs.
Old Sat Apr 25, 2009, 08:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

I bought some shirts a few years ago, they work fine. Good quality. I would never buy pants other than Sansabelt (first choice) or Cliff Keen.

Peace
Old Sun Apr 26, 2009, 06:02pm
Official Forum Member

I really like their shirts, but I did notice that they shrunk quite a bit over the course of this last season. I put them in the dryer most of the time. I'll probably buy 2-3 more shirts this year and I'll be air drying them instead.

I have some Dalco pants that I got my first season and they're not bad, but the Sansabelts I got this past season are much better. Does anyone have Honigs pants? How are they?
Old Sun Apr 26, 2009, 06:28pm
M.A.S.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I really like their shirts, but I did notice that they shrunk quite a bit over the course of this last season. I put them in the dryer most of the time. I'll probably buy 2-3 more shirts this year and I'll be air drying them instead.

I have some Dalco pants that I got my first season and they're not bad, but the Sansabelts I got this past season are much better. Does anyone have Honigs pants? How are they?
Honig's are the only pants I've used. I've had mine for 4 or 5 season (4 pairs rotated). They've been a good pant; however, I'm switching to Sansabelt next season. I've noticed that they've started to fade so I'm going to switch.
Old Sun Apr 26, 2009, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Try Them; I Think You'll Like Them

I own two pairs of OC pants and have found them to be compatible with Sansabelt and perhaps even a bit more comfortable. For $20, I would order a pair and try them out. Be aware that they have limited sizes and you will need to get them tailored for length and possibly fit.
Old Mon Apr 27, 2009, 08:46pm
Official Forum Member

I've been wearing OC shirts in both football and basketball for several years. I have one batch of 3 shirts (v-neck) I don't really like (material is a bit stiff). Other than that, they've been great. They don't really fade -- at least not that I can tell -- and they are still comfortable shirts. The zippers on the football shirts I have aren't the greatest, but the shirts themselves have held up for 4 full seasons of subvarsity wear and will likely see a 5th.

Don't dry anything except Sansabelt pants and dry them only for about 10 minutes. Everything else either hang dry (the OC shirts dry literally in minutes) or run them through the air dry cycle (no heat) in your dryer if you have one.
Old Mon Apr 27, 2009, 11:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I've been wearing OC shirts in both football and basketball for several years. I have one batch of 3 shirts (v-neck) I don't really like (material is a bit stiff). Other than that, they've been great. They don't really fade -- at least not that I can tell -- and they are still comfortable shirts. The zippers on the football shirts I have aren't the greatest, but the shirts themselves have held up for 4 full seasons of subvarsity wear and will likely see a 5th.

Don't dry anything except Sansabelt pants and dry them only for about 10 minutes. Everything else either hang dry (the OC shirts dry literally in minutes) or run them through the air dry cycle (no heat) in your dryer if you have one.
Yeah I started hang drying the OC shirts later in the season this year and they hardly wrinkled at all and they didn't take much time to dry at all. I won't be using the dryer for any new shirts from here on out.
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 07:43am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post

Have cycled 3 pairs over the past 8 years. They still look sharp and fit well.
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

I have two pairs of the Honigs athletic fit beltless pant. Honigs pants are of excellent quality imo.
Old Tue Apr 28, 2009, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

I have owned the Honig's pants for the past 3 years and they still look new, but maybe it is because I air dry them. I also air dry the shirts and they also still look new.
I have purchased a pair of OC pants for the up coming season because I needed an extra pair and they were on sale. They do feel lighter than the Honig's but I suppose I will find out.