The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Off topic - a great story (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52918-off-topic-great-story.html)

Mark Padgett Tue Apr 21, 2009 06:57pm

Off topic - a great story

My wife is a volunteer for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Here's a newspaper story about one of her "Wish Kids" and what she arranged for him.

Denied:1up! Software ()

Raymond Tue Apr 21, 2009 08:27pm

That's your wife in the bottom picture?

grunewar Tue Apr 21, 2009 08:36pm

Me thinks not....

I believe the young man is with, "Kelly Kelly, also pictured above," as is stated in the article.

But, knowing Mark, this could be one of his chauffeurs or massage givers.... ;)

Mark Padgett Tue Apr 21, 2009 09:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 597164)
That's your wife in the bottom picture?

Are you kidding? My wife makes that babe look like Roddy Piper.

M&M Guy Wed Apr 22, 2009 09:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 597175)
Are you kidding? My wife makes that babe look like Roddy Piper.

It's obvious Mark's wife reads the forum. Otherwise I'm guessing there will be one bent-up folding chair somewhere in the Portland area...

Juulie Downs Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 597237)
It's obvious Mark's wife reads the forum. Otherwise I'm guessing there will be one bent-up folding chair somewhere in the Portland area...

Actually, Merry is drop-dead gorgeous, both inside and out. From the photo, all you see of the blonde is the surface. That's why Mark is scoffing.

Mark Padgett Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juulie Downs (Post 597252)
Actually, Merry is drop-dead gorgeous, both inside and out. From the photo, all you see of the blonde is the surface. That's why Mark is scoffing.

Juulie - Merri (correct spelling) says your check is in the mail. :) Juulie is correct - I am the luckiest guy on the planet to have found this woman over 30 years ago. Not only is she a former Miss Oregon contestant and was a stewardess for a major airline, but she is CEO of her own company and a fantastic mother and grandmother, not to mention her terrific volunteer work. All you guys should be jealous.

BTW - why she has stayed with me after all these years is one of the great puzzles of the universe.

M&M Guy Wed Apr 22, 2009 01:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 597282)
BTW - why she has stayed with me after all these years is one of the great puzzles of the universe.

There is absolutely no doubt Merri should be nominated for sainthood.

<font size=1>(But we really want to know what you have on her. It's got to be big. C'mon, we won't tell anyone else...)</font size>

Lcubed48 Thu Apr 23, 2009 07:30am

Why !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 597282)

WHY NOT??? BECAUSE -
1.) You share your meds with her on an as needed basis.
AND/OR
2.) You make her laugh.

PS - My lovely young bride has put up with me for nigh unto 39 years.
PSS - Kudos to her for the charity work!

Mark Padgett Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcubed48 (Post 597377)
2.) You make her laugh.

Not according to her. ;)

BTW - this is the second marriage for both of us. Just the other day, I figured out that if instead of divorcing my first wife, I would have killed her - I'D BE OUT NOW!!! :cool: