The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Joey Crawford - "I always wanted to give my son a tech" (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52833-joey-crawford-i-always-wanted-give-my-son-tech.html)

All_Heart Mon Apr 13, 2009 01:03pm

Joey Crawford - "I always wanted to give my son a tech"

I wonder if the NBA knew that he would be officiating his son and if they have a problem with it (Especially with Joey's publicity earlier)? It's possible that he got called up right before the game which made it hard to make a switch.

Quote:

Former University of Kentucky guard Joe Crawford, a second-round pick of the L.A. Lakers, made his NBA debut with the Knicks last week after receiving a D-League call-up. And it just so happens that Joey Crawford the referee was officiating the game. "I always wanted to give my son a tech," Crawford the ref joked to reporters at press row when Crawford the player checked in.
Link

Brad Mon Apr 13, 2009 01:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_Heart (Post 595714)
"I always wanted to give my son a tech," Crawford the ref joked to reporters

I think you missed that part. Not really his son imo.

Mark Padgett Mon Apr 13, 2009 01:36pm

Here's pictures of the two of them. Draw your own conclusion.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/0802...awford_275.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/ts_080626crawford.jpg

BktBallRef Mon Apr 13, 2009 01:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_Heart (Post 595714)
I wonder if the NBA knew that he would be officiating his son and if they have a problem with it (Especially with Joey's publicity earlier)? It's possible that he got called up right before the game which made it hard to make a switch.

Link

How embarassing! :o

All_Heart Mon Apr 13, 2009 01:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 595725)
How embarassing! :o

Yep...I sure kicked that call! :p

Ref Ump Welsch Mon Apr 13, 2009 02:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by All_Heart (Post 595726)
Yep...I sure kicked that call! :p

And put us right down the path to having to take Genetics 101 as part of our curriculum to become officials! :p

WhistlesAndStripes Mon Apr 13, 2009 03:54pm

Just cause Joey's white and the son is black doesn't mean he can't be the father. There's a few white guys that have knocked up black women before.

I'm just sayin...

Amesman Mon Apr 13, 2009 04:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes (Post 595756)
Just cause Joey's white and the son is black doesn't mean he can't be the father. There's a few white guys that have knocked up black women before.

I'm just sayin...

yeah but one has hair and the other doesn't

JRutledge Mon Apr 13, 2009 05:19pm

Lock the thread now, we cannot have any comments about race here. You should know that guys. I am ashamed that anyone is even making jokes about this. :D

Peace

Ref Ump Welsch Mon Apr 13, 2009 05:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amesman (Post 595762)
yeah but one has hair and the other doesn't

There's always Hair Club for Men! :D

Indianaref Mon Apr 13, 2009 06:06pm

Quote:

I'm just sayin...

There are groupies that hang outside arenas looking for officials.:D

JRutledge Mon Apr 13, 2009 06:07pm

Quote:

I'm just sayin...

And there child would not be that dark either.

Just saying..... :D

Peace

grunewar Mon Apr 13, 2009 06:51pm

Quote:

There's a few white guys that have knocked up black women before.

Oh you silver tongued devil. You have such a way with words. Sheesh! :eek:

PS - True story. Several yrs ago I was pressed into service to call my son's Rec Game (his grandparents were there too). First "T" I ever gave in my life was on him for slammin the ball in frustration.

PSS - The ride home from the game was pretty quiet.....whoda thunk? :o

BillyMac Mon Apr 13, 2009 07:18pm

You Could Hear Crickets Chirping, In The Daytime ...

Low Little League minors, a step above T-ball. Coaches coach a base, and act as a base umpire. I'm the third base coach. My son singles to right field. Next batter singles to right field. First base coach yells to my son to go for third base. I'm yelling, and waving my arms, for my son to round second and come to third. Right fielder cleanly picks up the ball and throws a strike, on a few hops, to third base. I yell, and signal, for my son to slide. He executes a perfect slide, but I still call him out. As grunwar already stated, "The ride home from the game was pretty quiet". Officiating your own kid's game is always a lose, lose, situation, always.

refguy Mon Apr 13, 2009 07:57pm

Maybe you meant NBA official Danny Crawford?
It would fit better.