The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT: Television (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52765-ot-television.html)

Adam Wed Apr 08, 2009 04:28pm

OT: Television

Anyone excited about the Harper's Island premier tomorrow? :eek:

Mark Padgett Wed Apr 08, 2009 04:39pm

If you're looking for a really good show, check out "Ashes To Ashes" on BBC America on Saturdays. It's the sequel to the British (original) version of "Life On Mars". A female police detective is shot in 2008 and wakes up in 1983 in the same job. Many of the characters she works with were also characters in "Life On Mars".

I wonder if they'll have a US version of this like they had of the other series? That would be really cool.

JugglingReferee Wed Apr 08, 2009 04:49pm

The Series finale of Corner Gas is this coming Monday night. :(

They want to go out on top, but many think there are still 2 seasons left.

eyezen Wed Apr 08, 2009 04:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 594864)

One by one

Camron Rust Wed Apr 08, 2009 06:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 594865)
If you're looking for a really good show, check out "Ashes To Ashes" on BBC America on Saturdays. It's the sequel to the British (original) version of "Life On Mars". A female police detective is shot in 2008 and wakes up in 1983 in the same job. Many of the characters she works with were also characters in "Life On Mars".

I wonder if they'll have a US version of this like they had of the other series? That would be really cool.

Well, the US version of "Live on Mars" was a very interesting show but was canceled...and, to close it out, they tacked on a really goofy ending on a set reminding me of Star Trek (orignal)....an ending that seems like was put together by a bunch of high school kids in 15 minutes.

Doubt they'll do a sequel.

Raymond Wed Apr 08, 2009 09:16pm

Just watched the season finale of "Life". Tomorrow I plan on watching "SouthLAnd".

Adam Wed Apr 08, 2009 09:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 594880)
Well, the US version of "Live on Mars" was a very interesting show but was canceled...and, to close it out, they tacked on a really goofy ending on a set reminding me of Star Trek (orignal)....an ending that seems like was put together by a bunch of high school kids in 15 minutes.

Doubt they'll do a sequel.

We saw it, too,and had the same opinion.

JRutledge Wed Apr 08, 2009 09:44pm

I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

Peace

fullor30 Wed Apr 08, 2009 09:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 594904)
I have no idea what you are talking about. :)

Peace

Whew, me too....aren't we the lucky ones?:)

Adam Thu Apr 09, 2009 09:04am

No, you're the lying ones. ;)

Welpe Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:51am

We'll be tuning into SouthLAnd tonight for sure. Mainly because "RYAN FROM THE OC IS ON IT!" per my wife. She's lucky Michael Cudlitz from Band of Brothers is the FTO in the series. :rolleyes:

Did anybody see the series finale of ER last week? I thought it was a fitting end to a good show.

Scrapper1 Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 594864)

I'm excited to see it get canceled after 2 episodes.

Adam Thu Apr 09, 2009 01:34pm

Then we won't know who took everyone out, one by one.

M&M Guy Thu Apr 09, 2009 01:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 595003)
Then we won't know who took everyone out, one by one.

Originally I was mildly interested in seeing that show, but my interest is waning with each addtional commercial. I understand the need for promotion, but I've already been overexposed to the point where I don't care if I see it or not.