The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

6 players on the floor

here the situation...after a time out team A takes the floor ready for throw in team a (A1) throws in to A2.. A2 then scores a 3..i recognize that team A has 6 players on the court..what the ruling??
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

NFHS: Basket Counts. Team A is charged with a team technical. Team B gets 2 Free throws and the ball for a throw-in opposite the table at the division line.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

do you take any time or anything off the clock?
technical is charged to the coach correct?
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:11pm
Official Forum Member

Not charged to the coach. Just a team technical. All time that elapsed prior to the discovery is gone for good.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

thanks a lot!
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagy0716 View Post
what the ruling??
The official who administered the throw-in buys the first round of post-game refreshments.
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 10:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Administrative technical foul penalties

1) Penalized when it occurs, pregame, after ten minute time limit. A maximum of one technical foul for both requirements,1a, and 1b:
a) A team shall not fail to supply the scorer with the name, and number, of each team member who may participate at least ten minutes before the scheduled starting time. Team technical foul.
b) A team shall not fail to designate the five starting players at least ten minutes before the scheduled starting time. Team technical foul.

2) Penalized if discovered before ball becomes alive to start the game:
a) A team shall not change a designated starter (with exceptions) after the ten minute time limit. Team technical foul. A maximum of one foul per team regardless of the number of infractions. A maximum of one technical foul per team regardless of the number of infractions for 2a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a. If a player starts who was not designated to be a starter, the infraction has to be discovered, and penalized, before the ball becomes live to start the game. Once the ball becomes live, it is too late to penalize this specific infraction, and no penalty can be assessed.

3) Penalized when they occur, after ten minute time limit. The infraction occurs when the scorer is advised to add to or change the scorebook. The foul must be charged when it occurs and enforced when the ball next becomes live. Once the ball has become live, it is too late to penalize. A maximum of one technical foul per team regardless of the number of infractions for 2a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a:
a) A team shall not add a name to the team member list after the ten minute time limit. Team technical foul. When such a player legally enters the court, the player’s name, and number, must be entered into the scorebook.
b) A team shall not require the scorer to change a team member, or player, number in the scorebook (with exception), after the ten minute time limit. Team technical foul. If there is no request for change, or if a team member does not become a player, thus avoiding the change, there is no penalty.
c) A team shall not require a player to change to a number in the scorebook after the ten minute time limit. Team technical foul. A maximum of one team technical foul is charged regardless of the number of players, and substitutes, not wearing the number indicated in the scorebook. Each player must wear the number indicated in the scorebook, or change the scorebook number to that which the player is wearing. Any additional substitutes who become players and require the changing of the number indicated for them in the scorebook will not result in a penalty as the one maximum technical has already been charged to the team for this administrative infraction. If there is no request for change, or if the team member does not become a player, thus avoiding the change, there is no penalty.

4) Penalized when discovered:
a) A team shall not have identical numbers on team members, and/or players, after the ten minute time limit. Team technical foul. Charged upon discovery of identical numbers. A maximum of one foul per team regardless of the number of infractions. A maximum of one technical foul per team regardless of the number of infractions for 2a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a. Only one team member may wear a given number; the other must change to a number not already in use before participating.
b) The head coach shall not permit a team member to participate while wearing an illegal number. Head coach direct technical foul. Penalized when discovered. A maximum of one technical foul shall be charged directly to the head coach regardless of the number of offenders. The team member with the illegal uniform number may participate without further penalty and is not required to change his/her number. If no changes are made to the scorebook, no infraction has occurred.
c) A team shall not request an excess timeout. Team technical foul. The penalty for an excessive timeout is assessed when discovered.

5) Penalized if discovered while being violated:
a) A team shall not have more than five team members participating simultaneously. Team technical foul. A team technical foul is charged if recognized by an official before the ball becomes live following the first dead ball. If it was not recognized by either official, but was called to their attention after the ball became live following the first dead ball, it is too late to assess any penalty.

b) A player shall not participate after changing a number without reporting the change to the scorer and an official. Player flagrant technical foul.
c) The head coach shall not permit a team member to participate after being removed from the game for disqualification. Head coach direct technical foul.

6) Penalized if discovered before the ball becomes live:
a) A substitute shall not enter the court without reporting to the scorer; and without being beckoned by an official, except between periods. Substitute technical foul. A maximum of one foul for either, or both, requirements, reporting, and/or beckoned. A substitute technical foul is charged if recognized by an official before the ball becomes live following the first dead ball. Once the ball becomes live, the substitute is a legal player at that point, the foul is not penalized.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Mar 25, 2009, 11:56pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
The official who administered the throw-in buys the first round of post-game refreshments.
Unless he made eye contact with his partner(s) and they gave him the go-ahead. In that case, the three of them buy a round for everyone in the bar.
Old Thu Mar 26, 2009, 06:13am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Unless he made eye contact with his partner(s) and they gave him the go-ahead. In that case, the three of them buy a round for everyone in the bar.
Last game of the season last week - B8. I am new T and administering an OB throw-in in the backcourt on the side-line adjacent to the H bench. As I go to give the ball to H23 I look at my L and count players. As I’m near the H bench I say over my shoulder, “Coach, you have six.” And wait. H Coach surveys his troops and instructs H40 to leave. H40 is under the frontcourt basket and proceeds to make his way to the bench. As he steps out of bounds, Coach says, “Thanks ref.”

I hand the ball to H23 out of bounds, who bounces it to his teammate in the backcourt. As I do this, H40 apparently misinterprets what his coach is saying to him and for some reason, jumps (read bunny-hops) backwards from out of bounds, back onto the court and right into the play! Me – TWEET!

H Coach, who is losing by ~20 at this point, puts his head in his hands as the crowd groaned……and we went to shoot the T's.....
Old Thu Mar 26, 2009, 06:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Didn't the other one or two official give him the okay to inbound the ball...everyone is at fault here.
Old Thu Mar 26, 2009, 08:50am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
If it happened where my partner administred the throw-in, I'll buy.