The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Re-entry (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52482-re-entry.html)

jkohls Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:01pm

Re-entry

In one tourney game, an injured player was replaced. The Sub shot the free throws. The injured player then reentered the game. The clock had never started, and he entered following the FT. was it correct to allow the injured to re-enter at that time? The NCAA-M rule may differ from NFHS; NFHS is what I am concerned about for myself.

JRutledge Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkohls (Post 590470)
In one tourney game, an injured player was replaced. The Sub shot the free throws. The injured player then reentered the game. The clock had never started, and he entered following the FT. was it correct to allow the injured to re-enter at that time? The NCAA-M rule may differ from NFHS; NFHS is what I am concerned about for myself.

He did not reenter the game until the clock moved.

The rule is the same at the NF and NCAA level.

Peace

jkohls Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:07pm

OK. I actually missed part of the game and a friend who is also an official text me about it. Thanks for the reply.

LocDog249 Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:14pm

He tried to re-enter, but the officials were correct in not allowing him back in. Have to sit a tick, don't have to play a lick :confused:..... Don't remember where I heard it, buts its catchy and tough to forget, so I guess it worked for me :)

mutantducky Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:31pm

I thought he had re-entered after the timeout. So even with a TO you still don't allow the player in? same in NCAA and NFHS? Anyone see that Marquette Coach(I assume swearing at the refs with his hands covering his mouth):rolleyes:

grunewar Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:32pm

Early Reports...

Freshman steps in, Mizzou beats Marquette 83-79 - College Basketball - Rivals.com

LocDog249 Sun Mar 22, 2009 07:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutantducky (Post 590482)
I thought he had re-entered after the timeout. So even with a TO you still don't allow the player in? same in NCAA and NFHS? Anyone see that Marquette Coach(I assume swearing at the refs with his hands covering his mouth):rolleyes:

Correct, time has to come off the clock for a player to re-enter in both NCAA (3-4-14) and NFHS (3-3-4).

And yeah I saw that, curious as to what he said ;)

BktBallRef Sun Mar 22, 2009 08:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mutantducky (Post 590482)

He had already been replaced. He couldn't re-enter until time came off the clock.

And yes, the Marq coach was quite the a-hole during the last few seconds.