The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Season is over. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52421-season-over.html)

AKOFL Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33pm

Season is over.

Finished 2A state Wednesday night. Good games and good partners. Kind of a bummer that next season is so far away. Appreciate all the good discussion on the forum. I learned a few things and thats good.
Will be looking for a good camp in the Seattle/Bellingham area. Any Info on camps in that area would be great. Thanks for this season and I look forward to the next. Check your wistles and your flys.

Mark Padgett Fri Mar 20, 2009 01:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKOFL (Post 589893)
Check your wistles and your flys.

Annd yer spelink. :D

Sorry - I was bored.

refguy Fri Mar 20, 2009 03:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKOFL (Post 589893)
Finished 2A state Wednesday night. Good games and good partners. Kind of a bummer that next season is so far away. Appreciate all the good discussion on the forum. I learned a few things and thats good.
Will be looking for a good camp in the Seattle/Bellingham area. Any Info on camps in that area would be great. Thanks for this season and I look forward to the next. Check your wistles and your flys.

Here ya go:

StripeZone -

BillyMac Fri Mar 20, 2009 06:26pm

I'm done ...

Worked five Special Olympics Unified Games tournament games this afternoon, and early evening, the only time I take time off from work to officiate. Medium level games, lots of baskets scored, not one complaint from a player, coach, or fan. Almost all our calls were for out of bounds. We called one held ball, two fouls that resulted in the ball going out of bounds, and one back court call on two "helpers" who knew the rule. Went the same direction after halftime, to keep the players, and my partner, and me, from getting confused. We passed on a lot of double dribble, and travel calls. In one game, at halftime, I told a player, who never dribbled, not even once, and traveled everytime he touched the ball in the first half, that I wanted to see him dribble at least once in the second half, which was acknowledged by his coach. The first time he touched the ball in the second half, he took several steps, made one two handed power dribble, and shot the ball, which went in. I was the trail, and he high fived me as he passed by me going back on defense. Fee for five games: $0.00. Feeling inside me walking out from the site: Priceless.

grunewar Fri Mar 20, 2009 07:19pm

Yep, I worked my last games tonight too - MS.

While the games weren't competitive, I feel good about where I am at the end of the yr.

Highlight for me was the local policeman, providing security for the game (there were no issues) came into the locker room with my partner and I between games. Turns out he's a college official. He asked a question about a T I called (good call), and provided me excellent pointers.

Hopefully I'll get some spring ball. But for now......where's that honey do list? :confused:

AKOFL Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 590021)
Worked five Special Olympics Unified Games tournament games this afternoon, and early evening, the only time I take time off from work to officiate. Medium level games, lots of baskets scored, not one complaint from a player, coach, or fan. Almost all our calls were for out of bounds. We called one held ball, two fouls that resulted in the ball going out of bounds, and one back court call on two "helpers" who knew the rule. Went the same direction after halftime, to keep the players, and my partner, and me, from getting confused. We passed on a lot of double dribble, and travel calls. In one game, at halftime, I told a player, who never dribbled, not even once, and traveled everytime he touched the ball in the first half, that I wanted to see him dribble at least once in the second half, which was acknowledged by his coach. The first time he touched the ball in the second half, he took several steps, made one two handed power dribble, and shot the ball, which went in. I was the trail, and he high fived me as he passed by me going back on defense. Fee for five games: $0.00. Feeling inside me walking out from the site: Priceless.

I had a chance to work special olympics games last year. Very rewarding. Time well spent. Reality check for thoes who take the game to seriously. We should have fun, and thoes kids do.