The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   losing team wants ref apology (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52384-losing-team-wants-ref-apology.html)

JugglingReferee Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 589282)
No contact? look again. Sure looks like it to me, he clearly doesn't get any part of the ball yet the shot(10 footer) is grossly off.

Great call, and the right one.

I trust people's judgment here. I will take your word for it!

JugglingReferee Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 589291)
I'm glad the principal told us that wasn't a flagrant foul. I was pretty torn on the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 589293)
Nah, he said it wasn't "flagrant enough." Whatever the F*** that means.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 589288)
The worst part, to me, is that instead of being able to use this loss as a good lesson; the adults who are in charge are blaming a referee. No, the kids aren't responsible for actually fouling the shooter or not making layups; it's all the ref's fault.

Educational Malpractice.

So true. I am going to send the link to this thread to the principal and losing school.

Nevadaref Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 589296)
So true. I am going to send the link to this thread to the principle and losing school.

That must be the Canadian spelling. ;)

JugglingReferee Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevadaref (Post 589298)
that must be the canadian spelling. ;)

st_u. :d

M&M Guy Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 589298)
That must be the Canadian spelling. ;)

I know - you just had to say something, just on principal.

fullor30 Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 589294)
I trust people's judgment here. I will take your word for it!

Ha!

Mark Padgett Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:01am

I wonder if this moron of a principal doesn't allow any answers to be marked wrong on his student's SAT tests "given the particular circumstances" — the end of the senior year; test final; score close to being too low, etc. After all, wrong answers on an SAT test aren't blatant or flagrant enough to count.

Someone should tell this breezebrain there's a reason that students, parents, staff members and community members are not the people that officiate games.

just another ref Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:27am

When I first saw this thread, I assumed at some point somebody would emphatically say:

But he got the/all ball!

and/or

I/He never touched him!!

But this is even worse. Apparently they all acknowledge that there was contact, and whether they acknowledge it or not, he clearly got no part of the ball. How much contact do they think it takes to qualify as a foul in this situation?

sj Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:38am

Here's an apology they could make....

We're sorry. We're sorry your a bunch of idiots. And please take this apology in the spirit in which it's given.

Respectfully,

The Crew

GoodwillRef Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj (Post 589332)
Here's an apology they could make....

We're sorry. We're sorry your a bunch of idiots. And please take this apology in the spirit in which it's given.

Respectfully,

The Crew

Well said...I am sure there aren't any other pressing issues at this high school that the princi(PAL) and the staff could be channeling their energies into.

JRutledge Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:43am

Clearly looks like a foul to me from what we where shown. That being said the officials was in a good position and the direction of the ball does not doubt what he called.

I guess this is one of these, "The officials should not decide the game, the players should...." BS points of view.

Peace

GoodwillRef Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:48am

If this crew has to apologize for that foul, I had better start writing because I will have a ton of apologies to send out to coaches, players, parents, staff members, mayors, common council members, janitors, school board members, landscapers, and the lunch ladies for some of the crap I have called over the past 18 years. I thought when I was watching the first 4:30 of the video that this was going to be some travesty of justice and just a horrible misapplication of the rules and then I saw the foul in question! OMG Sportsmanship starts at the top and when the top of your school are DOPES it really doesn't help anyone.

JugglingReferee Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:49am

Here's a link to the HS: High School

I also e-mailed the Principal. :eek:

GoodwillRef Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:52am

What does the Paper gain by publishing the officials name in the paper? They could have just said the officials call.

GoodwillRef Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56am

This just in...Mrs. Booher the principal at Centerville High School thought it was a great call!