The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Camp List/Thread (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52317-camp-list-thread.html)

wanja Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:22pm

Camp List/Thread

The initial 2009 basketball officiating camp list is available at Philadelphia Basketball Referee - 2008/2009 Officials U.S. Camps . It includes more than 200 camps (and growing) and can be filtered by state, crew type, date and officiating level.

I am offering this thread to address camp additions, corrections and questions. If questions go unanswered by other forum members, I'll try to follow-up.

Please join in.

KingTripleJump Sat Mar 21, 2009 01:52am

The Philly Ref site is awesome. I've been using it for years to get camp info.

One thing I did notice from the 2009 update is that the MEAC camp on the Philly Ref site says its being held at The Milk House at Disney...but the MEAC website says it will be at Hampton University in Virginia.

Just a heads up...

Raymond Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingTripleJump (Post 590095)
The Philly Ref site is awesome. I've been using it for years to get camp info.

One thing I did notice from the 2009 update is that the MEAC camp on the Philly Ref site says its being held at The Milk House at Disney...but the MEAC website says it will be at Hampton University in Virginia.

Just a heads up...

The MEAC camp is being held at the Boo Williams Complex in Hampton, VA. Hampton U doesn't have the facilities to hold a full-blown camp. Here is the heading from the registration form:

2009 MEAC MEN’S BASKETBALL OFFICIALS CAMP
JUNE 19-21, 2009
BOO WILLIAMS SPORTSPLEX
5 ARMISTEAD AVE, HAMPTON, VA
REGISTRATION FORM

wanja Wed Mar 25, 2009 07:43am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 590147)
The MEAC camp is being held at the Boo Williams Complex in Hampton, VA. Hampton U doesn't have the facilities to hold a full-blown camp. Here is the heading from the registration form:

2009 MEAC MEN’S BASKETBALL OFFICIALS CAMP
JUNE 19-21, 2009
BOO WILLIAMS SPORTSPLEX
5 ARMISTEAD AVE, HAMPTON, VA
REGISTRATION FORM

The MEAC camp listings on phillyref.com have been corrected and also include links to the men's and women's registration forms. Any camp listing corrections, additions and links are appreciated.

SWMOzebra Wed Mar 25, 2009 01:20pm

Addition

The Heart of America Athletic Conference & the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference is pleased to announce cooperation with it's Women's Basketball Supervisors of Officials, David Brown & Darrell Foreman respectively, their support of a Women's Collegiate Identification & Development Camp.

The Camp will be held on the Campus of the University of Kansas on May 8,9,10, 2009. Camp will begin with Registration and Orientation at 4:00 PM on Friday May 8 & will conclude with championsip game approximately 3:00 PM on Sunday May 10.

All Games 3 Person Women's College Mechanics.

AAU HS Girls National Select Teams competing in AAU Tournament

HAAC & KCAC Staff Members will be given fist chance for enrollment before any mass marketing which will begin on March 6. We must improve officiating in these two Conferences.

Enrollment will be limited so staff should respond ASAP!

Camp Fee $150 (includes Hospitality Food all 3 days throughout entire camp.)

Make Check Payable to ID & Development Camp and send to:

Darrell Foreman 709 Countryside Road Junction City , KS 66441

johnny1784 Thu Mar 26, 2009 03:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMOzebra (Post 591313)
The Heart of America Athletic Conference & the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference is pleased to announce cooperation with it's Women's Basketball Supervisors of Officials, David Brown & Darrell Foreman respectively, their support of a Women's Collegiate Identification & Development Camp.

The Camp will be held on the Campus of the University of Kansas on May 8,9,10, 2009. Camp will begin with Registration and Orientation at 4:00 PM on Friday May 8 & will conclude with championsip game approximately 3:00 PM on Sunday May 10.

All Games 3 Person Women's College Mechanics.

AAU HS Girls National Select Teams competing in AAU Tournament

HAAC & KCAC Staff Members will be given fist chance for enrollment before any mass marketing which will begin on March 6. We must improve officiating in these two Conferences.

Enrollment will be limited so staff should respond ASAP!

Camp Fee $150 (includes Hospitality Food all 3 days throughout entire camp.)

Make Check Payable to ID & Development Camp and send to:

Darrell Foreman 709 Countryside Road Junction City , KS 66441

Do you have a web site?

love2refbball Thu Mar 26, 2009 04:31pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

Isn't Larry Lady the supervisor for women's officials in the Heart?

Brad Fri Mar 27, 2009 01:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2refbball (Post 591707)

Yes

love2refbball Fri Mar 27, 2009 02:32pm

????

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes
So...what am I missing?

Brad Fri Mar 27, 2009 02:36pm

David Brown is the supervisor's for women's I guess... Larry is still involved to my knowledge.

SWMOzebra Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMOzebra (Post 591313)

The Camp will be held on the Campus of the University of Kansas on May 8,9,10, 2009.

CHANGE OF DATES: The camp will now be May 1, 2, and 3.

dbking Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2refbball (Post 592006)
So...what am I missing?

Larry is the commish

David Brown is assigner for women's

Phil Stompoli(sp?) is assigner for men's

love2refbball Wed Apr 08, 2009 03:19pm

Thank You!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbking (Post 594830)
Larry is the commish

David Brown is assigner for women's

Phil Stompoli(sp?) is assigner for men's

thanks for clearing that up!

IHSAref Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11pm

Has anyone been to the Next Level Officiating Camp? Just wondering what it was like!

JRutledge Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:30pm

Yes, I went to the first one (or one in the first year). The camp was in its infancy and has gotten better sense. Now it is primarily a training camp and I do not believe there is much assigning going on at that camp. It was worth the money and the time. A lot of games and a D1 official runs the camp, which also cares about newer officials. Now when I went we are talking probably 5 years ago. Things have changed a little bit I am sure.

Peace