The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   For Mr. Padgett (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52223-mr-padgett.html)

dsqrddgd909 Thu Mar 12, 2009 06:40am

For Mr. Padgett

Taking a look at boys HS tournament ball, there's a 5.4% chance of overtime here in Mich. including a 1.5% chance of :eek: Double Overtime.
bbscorecard

grunewar Thu Mar 12, 2009 07:39am

So, are you saying?:

A) Mark needn't move there due to the chance of an OT games, or

B) Mark should move there and prevent OT games from happening in the future by either reffing them or teaching others the proper methodology of preventing this.

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 12, 2009 05:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 587570)
A) Mark needn't move there due to the chance of an OT games, or

B) Mark should move there and prevent OT games from happening in the future by either reffing them or teaching others the proper methodology of preventing this.

C) He is talking about Padgett's father.

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 12, 2009 05:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap (Post 587723)
C) He is talking about Padgett's father.

Maybe he's talking about my grandfather, who worked for Al Capone. Actually, I am not making that up, but it was my mother's father, so his name wasn't Padgett.

I'm sure my late grandfather would have been able to put a stop to those overtime games, especially if it put the spread in jeopardy.

JugglingReferee Thu Mar 12, 2009 05:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 587727)
Maybe he's talking about my grandfather, who worked for Al Capone. Actually, I am not making that up, but it was my mother's father, so his name wasn't Padgett.

I'm sure my late grandfather would have been able to put a stop to those overtime games, especially if it put the spread in jeopardy.

Who knows... if they can determine that Bush and Obama are 9th cousins, twice removed, maybe you and Donaghy are related too. :eek:

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 12, 2009 06:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 587733)
Who knows... if they can determine that Bush and Obama are 9th cousins, twice removed, maybe you and Donaghy are related too. :eek:

Sorry, no Irish in my family. But it's possible I'm related to Monica Lewinsky - no fooling.

JugglingReferee Thu Mar 12, 2009 06:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 587740)
Sorry, no Irish in my family. But it's possible I'm related to Monica Lewinsky - no fooling.

I might regret this, but I will ask anyways.

How? :D

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 12, 2009 07:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 587751)
I might regret this, but I will ask anyways.

How? :D

Not sure. My mother's family name is Lewinsky and I thought I read somewhere that Monica had relatives from Chicago, which is where my family was located. It has nothing to do with Monica having gone to college here in Portland, and no, we've never met. I'm sure I would have remembered that.

I have met President Clinton, however.

BillyMac Thu Mar 12, 2009 07:54pm

Ever wonder why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 587753)
I have met President Clinton, however.

"It depends on what the meaning of the words 'met' is."

"It depends on how you define met."

fullor30 Thu Mar 12, 2009 08:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 587727)

Was his last name Nitti? First name Frank?

fullor30 Thu Mar 12, 2009 08:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 587740)

Definitely not Irish...................:D