The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 10, 2009, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Question I am mad as hell and I am not going to take this anymore!

In re-reading the NCAA Rules and casebook, I could not find the part that used to say "blind screen contact may be severe". Has that been changed or am I a misguided researcher?

Concerning a blind screen, it does say inadvertent contact shall be incidental, provided the screener does not have the ball. What rule overrides this?

(I think Nevada early indicated that the real question is , "What is inadvertent contact?". FWIW My old Websters says inadvertent is "un-foreseen due to oversight or negligence".)

I see the screen related contact we have been discusing lately as severe. Bob Jenkins, (not calling you out intentionally), has indicated the screens have not been blind screens. If not blind screens, the contact meets every definition of an intentional foul I am aware of. Is advantage/disadvantage applied to running, full body contact? What am I missing?

Last edited by SamIAm; Wed Mar 11, 2009 at 03:48pm.