The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I got a Conference Final! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52079-i-got-conference-final.html)

SmokeEater Thu Mar 05, 2009 09:36am

I got a Conference Final!

First time in almost 30 years I have been assigned to do a conference final.

AAA VB Finals on Monday night. I am so stoked.

I did one of the semi final games last night and it went really well. When I got home my assignor called me and told me he wanted me in the final.

IREFU2 Thu Mar 05, 2009 09:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeEater (Post 585634)
First time in almost 30 years I have been assigned to do a conference final.

AAA VB Finals on Monday night. I am so stoked.

I did one of the semi final games last night and it went really well. When I got home my assignor called me and told me he wanted me in the final.

Good job!

GoodwillRef Thu Mar 05, 2009 09:45am

Nice job...Good luck!!!:)

mick Thu Mar 05, 2009 09:53am

Attaboy, SmokeEater !

Scrapper1 Thu Mar 05, 2009 09:56am

Absolutely awesome! Congrats. Keep doing what you're doing!!! Somebody's noticing!!

rockyroad Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:44am

Congrats!! Enjoy the atmosphere.

JugglingReferee Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:54am

Congrats! And do smell the roses while you're there.

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22am

Savor the moment & congratulations.

grunewar Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:35am

Hoorah! Way cool. Congrats and good for you!!

Let us know how it goes.

PS - on a kinda sad, side note....if I eventually get good enough, and fortunate like you, I'll be 73 yrs old and in 2034 I'll make it to the big time! At least I've got something to strive for! :p

JRutledge Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:38am

It sounds like a wonderful accomplishment. Enjoy the ride.

Peace

Juulie Downs Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 585666)
Congrats! And do smell the roses while you're there.

Uh, seriously??? More like the sweat, testosterone, and floor wax! Best smell there is...

Congrats, Smokey!! Enjoy every minute of it.

M&M Guy Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:45am

SmokeEater - I know that your accomplishment is a direct result of your time spent on the forum. So, on behalf of all the members here: you're welcome. :cool: :D

Of course, as others have said - Congratulations and enjoy it!

26 Year Gap Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 585673)

PS - on a kinda sad, side note....if I eventually get good enough, and fortunate like you, I'll be 73 yrs old and in 2034 I'll make it to the big time! At least I've got something to strive for! :p

We should have 4 person crews by then.

SmokeEater Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14pm

Thanks all for the Congrats.

Of Course I posted this on here as a way to let those people who have provided many, many posts of valuable information and advice, know.

It is my way of saying thanks for all your time. I would like to say it was all because of you! :rolleyes: BUT alas it was me running the floor and spending all that time learning FIBA rules....

JugglingReferee Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeEater (Post 585685)
Thanks all for the Congrats.

Of Course I posted this on here as a way to let those people who have provided many, many posts of valuable information and advice, know.

It is my way of saying thanks for all your time. I would like to say it was all because of you! :rolleyes: BUT alas it was me running the floor and spending all that time learning FIBA rules....

I have learned that there is a difference in philosophy between FIBA and Federation - both in mechanics and game calling. If there is more FIBA talk on here, I'm all for it!