The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 02, 2009, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Season Book-end T's

Had only two technicals all HS V boys season, both player T's, one in the first game of the year, the other in the last. Coincidentally, both were a result of PC fouls resulting in DQ and both were no-brainers. First game, A1 didn't like the call and quietly told me so using unsportsmanlike language. Last game, I had (for the first time ever) the DQ'd player remove his uniform shirt in disgust. Gave him one for the road.

Question on the last one: because I had not yet informed the coach of the player's 5th foul when I called the T (though the table had just informed me and everyone else), the coach does not earn an indirect technical and does not lose his right to stand, correct?
Old Mon Mar 02, 2009, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

correct
Old Mon Mar 02, 2009, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

last season GV about 3 weeks before tournament.

team A up by 7 with 28 seconds left. B5 gets rebound and A5 decides she should not be allowed to dribble or pass and 2 hand pushes her OB. Tweet - Int. foul - her 4th - 10+ team. But she is peeved and asks partner what the f--- kind of call that was. Tweet T. On way past me to bench - off comes jersey and she is in sports bra. Tweet T. So B gets 2 bonus throws for push, 2 throws for first T, 2 throws for 2nd T. Ball OB at division line. They made 6 of 6 FT and put in a duece with 1 sec left. Team B wins by one. BTW - we learned it was the last game the girl played in. Coach kicked her off the team. He wasn't angry with us at all. Her teammates looked like they wanted her blood when they lost though!

That's one I won't forget!