The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 26, 2009, 08:48pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
This seems about as basic as it gets. If you can't see it, you can't call it. NEVER GUESS. Camp 101. They screwed the pooch. However, after viewing it at full speed...that's one tough call!
Quote:
Originally Posted by refguy View Post
That really should be the philosophy with most calls. If you think it is, or you thought you saw it, don't put air in the whistle.
I'm going to go out on a limb () and say that at the time of the call, the calling official was certain of his call. I'll also claim that looking at video, he will gladly acknowledge his mistake.
Old Thu Feb 26, 2009, 10:26pm
Official Forum Member

Nebraska Coach Comments on call

I found Nebraska Coach Doc Sadlers comments on the play. Classy way of handling the situation.

Prior to Thursday’s practice, Nebraska head coach Doc Sadler was asked whether he thought senior guard Steve Harley was actually out of bounds while trying to make a save along the baseline in the final seconds of the Huskers’ loss to Texas A&M.

The call was that Harley stepped out of bounds with 5.4 seconds remaining while trying to save the ball after senior Ade Dagunduro threw the ball down court in an attempt to run out the clock.

As a result of the call, the Aggies got one last possession to win the game, and guard Josh Carter drained a 3-pointer as time expired to hand the Huskers a devastating 57-55 loss.

Anyway, here was Sadler’s response to the question:

“No, he was not,” he said. “He wasn’t on the line. But again, that doesn’t matter.”

Despite disagreeing on the crucial call, Sadler said he doesn’t blame the officials for the loss.

“We can sit here and talk about that, because it doesn’t do any good,” Sadler said. “It’s frustrating, but if you were to tell me we’d have a chance play Texas A&M again and we’re going to have those same three officials, I’d say I’d like to have them all 30 games. Those guys did a great job. It just didn’t go our way.”
Old Thu Feb 26, 2009, 10:46pm
#thereferee99

That is indeed a class act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRobinson View Post
“We can sit here and talk about that, because it doesn’t do any good,” Sadler said. “It’s frustrating, but if you were to tell me we’d have a chance play Texas A&M again and we’re going to have those same three officials, I’d say I’d like to have them all 30 games. Those guys did a great job. It just didn’t go our way.”
Old Fri Feb 27, 2009, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Class act by the Nebraska coach. I wish there were more like that.

Also, I do believe the C that made the call was none other than Tom O'Neill. Yeah, we know he missed it, but it's hard to argue with an official with his experience . . . at least at that moment in time. Later . . . sure.