The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 03:06pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
... Of all of the HC's in wheel chairs, it was only HC of the female persuasion that complained she couldn't do her job and needed an AC to stand...
After re-reading the article I don't see where she complained she couldn't do her job. The official asked her a question and she answered it. The official could just have easily had said "You have a choice, if you want the AC to stand then he is the HC, if you want to be recognized as the HC, then the AC cannot stand." Now maybe you are privy to some inside information, but based on this article I see nowhere that she did something wrong or whiny, other than confronting the officials after the game.

BTW, I once had a male HC with a broken leg who asked if his AC could stand to call for T-O's. We had no problem with it and neither did the opposing coach. And no one thought he was whiny.

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Feb 24, 2009 at 03:13pm.
Old Tue Feb 24, 2009, 03:48pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
BTW, I once had a male HC with a broken leg who asked if his AC could stand to call for T-O's. We had no problem with it and neither did the opposing coach. And no one thought he was whiny.
And, I once had a coach with laryngitis who asked if his assistant could act as head coach. No problem.
...Yeah, I had to politely remind of that a coupla times.
Old Wed Feb 25, 2009, 04:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
What's so stupid about the ruling? The AC gets to stand to coach the kids. He gets no other HC privileges.
Assistants do not get to stand. The head coach can use the box if he wishes. If this lady who can't walk wants someone else to stand then that person must be the official head coach. The lady can still be listed as the head coach on the roster and she can still make all the decisions and stuff.

This is all caused by some wheelchair using lady wanting to complain. She can be in the box in her wheelchair. She can sit on the bench and never use the box. Both of those are fine options for her. If she wants someone else to use the box then that guy is the head coach.
Old Wed Feb 25, 2009, 05:19pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
Assistants do not get to stand. The head coach can use the box if he wishes. If this lady who can't walk wants someone else to stand then that person must be the official head coach. The lady can still be listed as the head coach on the roster and she can still make all the decisions and stuff.

This is all caused by some wheelchair using lady wanting to complain. She can be in the box in her wheelchair. She can sit on the bench and never use the box. Both of those are fine options for her. If she wants someone else to use the box then that guy is the head coach.
Apparently not in Michigan.
Did you not read the article?