The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Thanks to all of you. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/51851-thanks-all-you.html)

Reffing Hoosier Mon Feb 23, 2009 02:38pm

Thanks to all of you.

I just want to thank all of the people who post here. I have been notified that I get to work my first high school sectional tournament here in Indiana. I am honored and a little nervous all in one! This site is a valuable tool for officials, and I feel i have learned so much by coming here regularly. The knowledge of the veteran officials here is so valuable. So again, thanks for helping me be a better official!

AKOFL Mon Feb 23, 2009 02:53pm

Congrats. I also recieved my first 3A regionals and 2A state assignment this year. Nerves havn't hit yet, but i'm sure they will. The info here does get the mind moving, which is half the battle with me. Who am I kidding, It's the whole battle. Again, congratulations and good luck.

refguy Mon Feb 23, 2009 02:53pm

Congrats!!! Go do your thing. No matter what anyone says, it's not just like any other game, which is a good thing.

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 23, 2009 03:04pm

You're welcome. My invoice is in the mail.

AKOFL Mon Feb 23, 2009 03:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 582451)
You're welcome. My invoice is in the mail.

How do you charge? By the sarcasm, or smartalic,or rediculous comment. Just so I can break down the cost. For tax purposses.

SCalScoreKeeper Mon Feb 23, 2009 03:53pm

Have Fun!

Congrats and Good luck Hoosier Ref,
Let us know how it went!

Nevadaref Mon Feb 23, 2009 03:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKOFL (Post 582453)
How do you charge? By the sarcasm, or smartalic,or rediculous comment. Just so I can break down the cost. For tax purposses.

If it were by the number of spelling errors, you would have a hefty bill. :eek:

Juulie Downs Mon Feb 23, 2009 05:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 582451)
Client: "Mr. Mason, how much do you know about women?"
Perry Mason: "About as much as any man. Nothing.".

Caught you!! That was on TV today!! Do you watch every day?

Nevadaref Mon Feb 23, 2009 05:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reffing Hoosier (Post 582441)
I feel i have learned so much by coming here regularly.

Perhaps now it is time for you to become a regular poster instead of just a regular reader. :) At this time you only have a mere 14 posts. :eek:

Since you are now getting post-season assignments, one would think that you should be able to contribute some valuable information that would help others in the same manner that some of the more veteran officials here helped you. ;)

To me that seems the most appropriate way to say thanks.

Mark Padgett Mon Feb 23, 2009 07:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juulie Downs (Post 582541)
Caught you!! That was on TV today!! Do you watch every day?

At noon, I only watch Perry Mason during the commercials on The People's Court. That babe of a judge helps me digest my lunch.

AlaskaReffin Mon Feb 23, 2009 09:11pm

AKOFL-I will be at the Sullivon this year too! I will be working the 4A Tourny as this is my 5th year doing State. I have done 4A twice,3A twice and 2A once.It is a little intense at first but you settle down after awhile and once you go once you will be looking for the invitation every year!

Anyway if you stick around for any of the 4a I am the tall,a little overweight bald guy(i am a real stud haha). So if you want to b.s you cant miss me.

AKOFL Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 582477)
If it were by the number of spelling errors, you would have a hefty bill. :eek:

Did someone fix it for me or are you just as good as I am. Never claimed to be a good speller. They need spell check on this forum.:p
Alaskareffin: I'll be the tall, not so overweight, guy with hair. I may blend in so look for the official with a great game and quick wit.LOL I'll see you there.