The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Any evaluators out there? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/51800-any-evaluators-out-there.html)

UNH IM Ref Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:44pm

Any evaluators out there?

Anyone out there work as evaluators and have any materials to share. I was responsible for creating the UNH intramural bball, flag football and softball official eval forms and I'm always looking to improve them.

JugglingReferee Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNH IM Ref (Post 581726)
when in doubt, call it a blorge

What is a blorge?

UNH IM Ref Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:51pm

one hand on the back of the head, one hand on the waist... a mixture of block & charge. covers all your bases

jdmara Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:30am

http://www.naso.org/modelevalform/im...elevalform.pdf

UNH IM Ref Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:42am

nice thank you. I'll have to throw my eval forms up on here sometime. they are geared toward the early stages of officiating and measure the officials adeptness for very specific mechanics, positioning and judgment calls.

HawkeyeCubP Sat Feb 21, 2009 01:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNH IM Ref (Post 581740)
nice thank you. I'll have to throw my eval forms up on here sometime. they are geared toward the early stages of officiating and measure the officials adeptness for very specific mechanics, positioning and judgment calls.

PM me. I'm an IM Coordinator. I'll shoot you my forms.

kgeorge0263 Sat Feb 21, 2009 08:20am

Email me...

I'm also an Intramural Director and have developed Eval forms for Regional and National Im Championships. [email protected]

Glad to see that you are working with official's development!

-KG

Raymond Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNH IM Ref (Post 581730)
one hand on the back of the head, one hand on the waist... a mixture of block & charge. covers all your bases

That would be a 'blarge'.

or a 'Chock'. :p

Adam Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 581802)
That would be a 'blarge'.

or a 'Chock'. :p

Only in Kansas.

DonInKansas Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:48pm

Not here either. That's Chalk.:D

BillyMac Sat Feb 21, 2009 01:17pm

Slightly higher west of the Mississippi.

RATINGS GUIDELINES FOR EVALUATION

REACTION TIME
Reacts quickly enough to make a decision at the moment of its occurrence.
Makes quick and positive decisions, especially with respect to the “close ones”.
Takes the time to prevent an error from being made.

INTESTINAL FORTITUDE
Remains consistent when calling violations or fouls - without regard to the score, whom it may hurt, or how it may effect future relations with the coach.

CONFIDENCE
Exhibits a confident manner i.e. attention to detail, alertness, firmness, and timeliness of his/her reaction to a situation.
Has a resonant, strong voice that is supported by proper mechanics for purpose of clarification.

POISE
Has a quiet influence on the game that relieves tensions and creates a steady effect upon contestants (both players and coaches alike).
Has control of his/her emotions.
Is courteous and polite.

CONSISTENCY
Is consistent in all calls regardless of situation or point of time in the game. For example consistency in the determination of a block vs. a charge.

JUDGMENT
Uses fair and unbiased judgment and common sense in applying the rules of the game.

COOPERATION
Has the ability to work effectively as a “team” with his/her fellow official
Is not overly sensitive to constructive criticism.
Has a sense of loyalty to fellow officials, a willingness to share the responsibility and avoids attempts to shift the blame.

KNOWLEDGE OF THE PROPER APPLICATION OF THE RULES
Presents a thorough knowledge of the rules of basketball
Appears to make his/her decision with consideration to the effect the calling, or equally as important, the not calling of a rule violation will have. (i.e. advantage / disadvantage)

MECHANICS OF OFFICIATING
Utilizes proper mechanics, up-to-date techniques and procedures as detailed in the Officials Manual.

APPEARANCE AND CONDITIONING
Is in excellent physical condition and exhibits hustle and energy
Official’s uniform and overall appearance is neat, clean and well kept.

Adam Sat Feb 21, 2009 03:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonInKansas (Post 581852)
Not here either. That's Chalk.:D

The spelling doesn't matter anywhere else, my friend. :)

Mark Padgett Sat Feb 21, 2009 04:17pm

Here's the eval form I use:

1) Did the official offer to sell foul insurance
2) Did the official throw out at least one coach
3) Did the official have a beard
4) Was the game over at the end of regulation time

Every yes answer gets 20 points except for number 4 which is worth 1,000,000 points

JBleach85 Sat Feb 21, 2009 04:45pm

Evaluations Forms

I have some evaluation forms for basketball and flag football. I created them for the Intramural department where I am a student and have helped with student devlopment. I have used a combination of both high school evaluations along iwth other forms I have recieved from professional on the East Coast. If you need more information just message me.