The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   This doesn't happen too often. (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/51647-doesnt-happen-too-often.html)

Rita C Sat Feb 14, 2009 01:13am

This doesn't happen too often.

Jump ball to start game. A2 and B2 grab ball simultaneously. Now they jump.

The umpire who called it, came in pointing at the two girls involved telling them they had to jump now.

Big eyes and "Us?!!!" Not being the tallest on the team, this is something they've probably never been asked to do.

Took me back to the days when it was always a jump (before the alternating possession arrow). Yes I played that way.

Be nice. It's my birthday (Valentine's Day).

Rita

williebfree Sat Feb 14, 2009 01:18am

Happy b-day rita!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rita C (Post 579341)

The umpire who called it, came in pointing at the two girls involved telling them they had to jump now.

Big eyes and "Us?!!!" Not being the tallest on the team, this is something they've probably never been asked to do.

Took me back to the days when it was always a jump (before the alternating possession arrow). Yes I played that way.

Rita

I have had this scenario two times this year already.... Both times the new jumpers did look like "deer in the headlights."

AlaskaReffin Sat Feb 14, 2009 02:02am

I had one last night in a Mens City League game.A1 and B1 were in the center circle getting ready to jump it up to start the game,A1 you could say had a little more in the mid-section then B1 if you know what I mean.

Anyway A1 is standing back a little bit and you can see he is gearing up to give all he has,so I throw up the ball and all of a sudden B1 is flying 5 or 6 six feet backwards the big old belly caught me and B1 off gaurd I still had my whistle hanging from my shirt! Anyway luckily B1 just looked at me and started laughing so I just popped my whistle in my mouth and kept on playing.

grunewar Sat Feb 14, 2009 06:50am

Happy Birthday Rita!

BillyMac Sat Feb 14, 2009 08:41am

New Technical Foul Penalty For Assistant Coaches ...

Quote:

Valentine's Day.

Saint Valentine was arrested and imprisoned upon being caught marrying Christian couples who were at the time being persecuted by Claudius in Rome. Helping Christians at this time was considered a crime. He was beaten with clubs and stoned; when that didn't finish him, he was beheaded.

JugglingReferee Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:01am

Quote:

Rita

Rare play is right! Kudos for the U to come in and clearly identify that "those" two players had to jump for the ball next. Happy Birthday!