The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I'll give you three guesses (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/51593-ill-give-you-three-guesses.html)

Mark Padgett Wed Feb 11, 2009 05:32pm

I'll give you three guesses

Contest time.

Sixth grade girls rec last night. Q2, I make a 5 second closely guarded call. Coach yells, "What was that?" I reply, "As I said coach, 5 seconds closely guarded". Coach yells back, "How is she supposed to know that's a rule?"

I'll give you all three guesses as to my reply. Winner gets an autographed picture of Billy Packer with his foot in his mouth. Shipping and handling are an additional charge.

26 Year Gap Wed Feb 11, 2009 05:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 578282)
Contest time.

Sixth grade girls rec last night. Q2, I make a 5 second closely guarded call. Coach yells, "What was that?" I reply, "As I said coach, 5 seconds closely guarded". Coach yells back, "How is she supposed to know that's a rule?"

I'll give you all three guesses as to my reply. Winner gets an autographed picture of Billy Packer with his foot in his mouth. Shipping and handling are an additional charge.

I will guess that you withheld judgment to see if a later comment from the coach may have prevented OT.:D

rwest Wed Feb 11, 2009 05:40pm

I'll Try

Quote:

Contest time.

1. "Coach, she could try reading the rule book! They still teach reading in the 6th grade, don't they?"

2. "Coach, you could read them the rule book. That would help them get to sleep at night. You do have a rule book, don't you coach? You've read it, haven't you? You can read? If not, get your 6th graders to read it to you."

3. "Coach, that's your job. You're suppose to teach her."

Rich Wed Feb 11, 2009 06:57pm

Quote:

Contest time.

"I just told her."

Stat-Man Wed Feb 11, 2009 07:04pm

Quote:

Contest time.

I'm impressed someone called a closely guarded violation in rec-leval ball. :D Around here, seeing an official even count for one is as common as a travelling call in the NBA. :rolleyes:

Ref Ump Welsch Wed Feb 11, 2009 07:05pm

Striped Caveman response: You coach, she player. You teach, she learn. You coach, she play. You read rulebook, she learn rules from you. :D

BillyMac Wed Feb 11, 2009 09:07pm

I Had Trouble Drawing A Woolly Mammoth ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch (Post 578317)
Caveman response. You coach, she player. You teach, she learn. You coach, she play. You read rulebook, she learn rules from you.

Sounds like you were in my high school class. I took three classes: huntin', gruntin', and cave painting. I aced huntin' and gruntin'.

BillyMac Wed Feb 11, 2009 09:10pm

Hey rwest, I Thought You Were Supposed To Reviewing Your 2009 Softball Rule Changes ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwest (Post 578287)
"Coach, that's your job. You're suppose to teach her."

I'll go with rwest's guess.

Rich Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 578347)
I'll go with rwest's guess.

"She knows now and will explain it to you."

rwest Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:58pm

Lol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 578385)
"She knows now and will explain it to you."

My votes for RichMSN!

Rich Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:04pm

"It's like 3 seconds, only longer."

Mark Padgett Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:31am

Here's what I said

They have these new things that actually explain the rules to kids. You may have heard of them. They're called "coaches". All the other teams have them. You should get some for your team. I think they sell them at Wal-Mart. You know, the place where, apparently, you buy your clothes.

Adam Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 578536)
You know, the place where, apparently, you buy your clothes.

You had me till here, Mark. I buy my clothes at Walmart.

I like being able to go in and get a carton of milk, printer ink, a business casual shirt, a birthday card, and a batting glove.

Chess Ref Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 578550)
. I buy my clothes at Walmart.

LOL It just doesn't seem right for a grown man to admit he buys his clothes at Walmart. :D

M&M Guy Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chess Ref (Post 578574)
LOL It just doesn't seem right for a grown man to admit he buys his clothes at Walmart. :D

Hey, I'm wearing a sweater from WalMart right now! Don't give my buddy Snaqs a hard time.

(Although, it is a bit strange that he would be wearing a business-casual shirt and one batting glove at the same time. Maybe he's a Michael Jackson fan? :confused: )