The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Longest Game! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/51225-longest-game.html)

kgeorge0263 Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:25am

Longest Game!

So last friday I worked a 3 person crew and the game went 3 overtimes and the final score was 112-106. We had about 5 foul outs, and I had to give out a "T" late in the 2nd overtime for a player that flipped his lid on a call. The game started at 7pm and ended at 9:45pm. In Jersey we are trying to get more 3 person crews, but we take a paycut from $68 to $53 to have the crew. Some officials complain but most of the college officials don't care and prefer the 3 person and don't mind the paycut. I felt like I had a solid game. Very intense overall game and it go so loud we couldn't hear the whistle.

So what is your longest HS/College game?

:eek:

JRutledge Tue Jan 27, 2009 01:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgeorge0263 (Post 572762)
So last friday I worked a 3 person crew and the game went 3 overtimes and the final score was 112-106. We had about 5 foul outs, and I had to give out a "T" late in the 2nd overtime for a player that flipped his lid on a call. The game started at 7pm and ended at 9:45pm. In Jersey we are trying to get more 3 person crews, but we take a paycut from $68 to $53 to have the crew. Some officials complain but most of the college officials don't care and prefer the 3 person and don't mind the paycut. I felt like I had a solid game. Very intense overall game and it go so loud we couldn't hear the whistle.

So what is your longest HS/College game?

:eek:

I had 4 OTs last year for a high school game. I have never had more than one overtime in a college game.

Peace

Kingsman1288 Tue Jan 27, 2009 03:12am

Last month the JV game before my GV game went into 5 OTs. My game was supposed to tip off at 4 and ended up tipping off at about 5:15.

grunewar Tue Jan 27, 2009 06:23am

We had an terrific B13/15 Rec game this past weekend that went one OT and ended 102-100! :eek:

PS - Note to self - get Padgett for a partner to prevent above......

A Pennsylvania Coach Tue Jan 27, 2009 07:14am

I had a 4-OT boys' JV game earlier this year. Losing team was down 4 with 10 seconds left (score, steal, score), was up by 3 with 2 seconds left in second OT (three from corner), and was tied with 3 seconds left in fourth OT (gave up game-winning six-footer) or we would've had a fifth.

JugglingReferee Tue Jan 27, 2009 08:18am

Nothing beyond 1 OT lately... though I do get an OT game or two every season.

Adam Tue Jan 27, 2009 08:21am

My longest game was a 2OT JVG game. Tied at 18 with two minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Tied at 18 after the first overtime even though a girl was on the line for two with no time left in the first OT.

Two minutes into the 2nd OT, someone finally scored and the floodgates were opened. Final score: 23-20.

Raymond Tue Jan 27, 2009 09:16am

Longest I've had is 2 OTs. But it was on a 94' foot court, 2-man crew, and both teams pressing most of the game. It was a work-out for sure.

Jurassic Referee Tue Jan 27, 2009 09:52am

Seven (7) OT's in a high school conference final. Might just have been the most enjoyable game that I ever officiated.

Two-man crew btw.

archangel Tue Jan 27, 2009 09:53am

Not the longest game, but the longest week....
Last season 155 games, - 1 OT.
Last week, 16 games from 7G to V, - 10 OT (and actually those 10 games were good ones)..

cmathews Tue Jan 27, 2009 09:57am

just had a double

Saturday, cross town rivalry, they play it at a "neutral" site...girls game 3 man double OT. The very best thing was that the teams decided to dedicate the game to breast cancer awareness. They didn't charge admission, but accepted donations to the cause. They wore jerseys that just said "Cheyenne" on the front, not East or Central, the uniforms were white with pink letters and black with pink letters, lots of pink in the crowd, we were even going to use pink whistles but the whistles didn't get delivered in time....great game...oh and we donated our game checks back to the cause...funnest game in a long long time...

Indianaref Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:16am

Early this season, my first V (Girls) game ever. 3 OT.

grunewar Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by archangel (Post 572852)
Not the longest game, but the longest week....
Last season 155 games, - 1 OT.
Last week, 16 games from 7G to V, - 10 OT (and actually those 10 games were good ones).

Ten OT games in one week? Are you paid by the quarter? The Minute? Yikes! :eek:

This summer, you need to go to the Mark Padgett School of Game Management (MPSGM). ;)

Adam Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 572894)
Ten OT games in one week? Are you paid by the quarter? The Minute? Yikes! :eek:

This summer, you need to go to the Mark Padgett School of Game Management (MPSGM). ;)

I would enroll in the class, "How to find points when you need them."

Mark Padgett Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18pm

My longest game was regulation time. :cool: