The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Get That Junk Outa Here!

Would like the forum's opinion:

Men's league game, Army base, NCAA mens rules:

Team A up by 8 points with about 5 minutes left in game:
B1 drives strong down middle of lane and lays the ball up high about 8 feet from basket. With ball still on the way up, A1 leaps and blocks the shot forcefully but cleanly and shouts: Get that Junk outta here". Ball quickly goes the other way. Does that warrant an automatic T? I passed on it, but thought I should have done something.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 01:29pm
Do not give a damn!!

I do not like to use the term "automatic." It could, but it is after all a Men's league. They talk trash all the time.

Peace
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 01:34pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Men's league on an army base? I'm guessing that something like "get that junk outa here" won't phase their egos. (Unless they're pocket-calculator analysts playing basketball. )

Nothing from me.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 01:54pm
Courageous When Prudent

At Fort Sill??? No 'T'.

This thread brings me back. I was stationed at Altus AFB from '87-'89 so I made a few trips down Hwy 62 to play against the 'Sill' post team. There would be a lot of sh!t talking and chest-to-chest conversations. "Get that junk outta here" is tame. Of course the Army boys thought us fly-boys were soft and they "attempted" to intimidate us. I always dropped 20 on them with my finesse post game.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 02:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
At Fort Sill??? No 'T'.

This thread brings me back. I was stationed at Altus AFB from '87-'89 so I made a few trips down Hwy 62 to play against the 'Sill' post team. There would be a lot of sh!t talking and chest-to-chest conversations. "Get that junk outta here" is tame. Of course the Army boys thought us fly-boys were soft and they "attempted" to intimidate us. I always dropped 20 on them with my finesse post game.
Was that before the crab dribble had a name?
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
At Fort Sill??? No 'T'.

Yep, Ft. Sill - Best post in the Army. Anway, that's what the sign says outside when you enter the main gate.

I'm not military, I'm an IT contractor here. Pretty good ball though and good experience doing NCAA mens rules (except for shot clock). 10 years doing HS ball. Just moved here in April from Georgia.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 02:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinMan View Post
Would like the forum's opinion:

Men's league game, Army base, NCAA mens rules:

Team A up by 8 points with about 5 minutes left in game:
B1 drives strong down middle of lane and lays the ball up high about 8 feet from basket. With ball still on the way up, A1 leaps and blocks the shot forcefully but cleanly and shouts: Get that Junk outta here". Ball quickly goes the other way. Does that warrant an automatic T? I passed on it, but thought I should have done something.
Geez....that's what my wife says about my closet. Pretty tame in my world.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

and if this were to happen in a HS game -- depending on the game and circumstance -- I would tell the kid to act like hes done that before and cut the extra chatter after the fact.
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelinMan View Post
Yep, Ft. Sill - Best post in the Army. Anway, that's what the sign says outside when you enter the main gate.

I'm not military, I'm an IT contractor here. Pretty good ball though and good experience doing NCAA mens rules (except for shot clock). 10 years doing HS ball. Just moved here in April from Georgia.
Ft Sill needs a new sign....I can think of several Army Bases that are better... Hey if you like cannons then it is the place to be...
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 06:18pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Men's league on an army base? I'm guessing that something like "get that junk outa here" won't phase their egos. (Unless they're pocket-calculator analysts playing basketball. )

Nothing from me.
If it was coming from one of those analysts, I would be shaking his hand and guessing he was a fan of The Big Bang Theory show's female star!
Old Fri Jan 23, 2009, 06:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref Ump Welsch View Post
If it was coming from one of those analysts, I would be shaking his hand and guessing he was a fan of The Big Bang Theory show's female star!
The only TV I really watch are sports and Law & Order. A quick Google search says her name is Kaley Cuoco. Ya, she's pretty hot.