The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Inadvertant whistle (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/50932-inadvertant-whistle.html)

markcolopy Tue Jan 13, 2009 09:54pm

Inadvertant whistle

The other night I had an inadvertant whistle with over and back as the dribbler went back across the line with one foot only. I just pointed to myself and ran over to my partner in front of the table and said loud enough to the table inadvertant whistle still white ball sideline, let's play, and administered the throw in to white. Any other advice?

Nevadaref Tue Jan 13, 2009 09:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markcolopy
Any other advice?

Don't ever let it happen again! :D

Raymond Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markcolopy (Post 568209)
The other night I had an inadvertant whistle with over and back as the dribbler went back across the line with one foot only. I just pointed to myself and ran over to my partner in front of the table and said loud enough to the table inadvertant whistle still white ball sideline, let's play, and administered the throw in to white. Any other advice?

A1 was in B/C and only put one foot in the front court then pulled it back in the B/C?

bigdogrunnin Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:30am

Quote:

Any other advice?

Did you say "I am really sorry"? :rolleyes:

Adam Wed Jan 14, 2009 09:09am

Quote:

The way i read this, it should have been a violation.

Player was in frontcourt with ball and put one foot into the backcourt, right?

Indianaref Wed Jan 14, 2009 09:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 568302)
The way i read this, it should have been a violation.

Player was in frontcourt with ball and put one foot into the backcourt, right?

Player was not in frontcourt yet, he was dribbling. 3 pts.

bob jenkins Wed Jan 14, 2009 09:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 568308)
Player was not in frontcourt yet, he was dribbling. 3 pts.

Then the phrase "went back across the line" from the OP is not correct (which isn't a big deal -- we've all failed to adequately describe a play).

On the OP, I wouldn't "(run) over to my partner in front of the table" (and, I have to wonder how the partner was in front of the table when the OP was making a BC violation call).

Indianaref Wed Jan 14, 2009 09:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 568314)
On the OP, I wouldn't "(run) over to my partner in front of the table" (and, I have to wonder how the partner was in front of the table when the OP was making a BC violation call).

If this was 2 person, what was his partner doing in front of the table?

agr8zebra Wed Jan 14, 2009 03:52pm

checking out the cute coach