The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 07:17pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation Another "fun" weekend

It's Friday night and I have two games this evening, six on Saturday and four on Sunday. Fortunately, the Saturday games are two in the morning, two in the afternoon and two in the evening with a couple of hours between each pair. At least I can soak and medicate during my breaks. Same on Sunday - I have a two hour break between pairs of games. When I told my wife my schedule, she was disappointed that I was only going to be gone that long.

The longest drive I have to any of the gyms is just a little over 20 minutes. The shortest is about four minutes.

After the weekend, if I'm still able to move, I'll report on how many ejections I made.

The good news is that my son is coming to watch one of the Saturday games and he's bringing my three year old grandson, Jackson. I think I'll give him a whistle and let him T up a coach. Might as well break him in right.

Oh yeah - I wish I got a laundry allowance.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

I would say poor wife -- but from your posts I am guessing she has your schedule highlighted in her personal fun time section of her day calendar.

Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 09:23pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I would say poor wife -- but from your posts I am guessing she has your schedule highlighted in her personal fun time section of her day calendar.

She schedules his games!
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 10:07pm
Archaic Power Monger

Have fun Mark. I expect to read about at least 3 ejections...one per day.
Old Fri Jan 09, 2009, 10:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Only if it is a 7/8 boys Jr. H.S. doubleheader.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2009, 08:19am
Esteemed Forum Member

Accountants Do It Between Spreadsheets ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I wish I got a laundry allowance.
For tax purposes, my accountant allows me $5.00 per week for doing my own laundry (seriously). I'll double check with him when I see him tomorrow. Sunday is visitors day at the prison. That reminds me. I need to buy a file, and bake a cake. Only three months until my taxes are due.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Jan 10, 2009 at 09:26am.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2009, 11:51am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
C'mon Billy......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
For tax purposes, my accountant allows me $5.00 per week for doing my own laundry (seriously). I'll double check with him when I see him tomorrow. Sunday is visitors day at the prison. That reminds me. I need to buy a file, and bake a cake. Only three months until my taxes are due.
It's too early to start the annual "Hey it tax time and I was wondering......" thread!
Old Sat Jan 10, 2009, 12:27pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Had one on Friday night, and it was a spectator! He was the dad of the "star" player on the visitors and, of course, every time his son was within 3 feet of a defender he was being fouled and, also of course, he never committed any fouls or turnovers. At the end of Q1, my partner told that coach to tell that parent to shut up. The coach did say something to the guy, but it didn't make any difference. Late in Q2, I called a foul on his kid and he blew up, yelling and screaming at us and he actually came out of the bleachers down to the sideline and yelled that my partner and I "were full of crap". That was it. I tossed the jerk.

Of course at first, he said he wouldn't leave but I explained to him that under Oregon law if he was directed to leave a venue by a sports official and he did not leave, he was guilty of trespassing (true) and I would call the local police and have him arrested. I also told him that if he said anything while walking out, I would start calling technicals against his son's team (a bluff). He got the hint and just left in a huff.

After the game, that coach came over to us and thanked us both!

Oh yeah, my partner thought that the purpose of timeouts was to check out the good looking women in the stands and tell me about them. Actually, it was a good way to pass the time.

For the weekend to this point, as far as ejections per day, I'm one for one.
Old Sat Jan 10, 2009, 12:36pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Three Rows Up, Behind the Home Bench, Red Sweater, Check Her Out, No Wedding Ring ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
My partner thought that the purpose of timeouts was to check out the good looking women in the stands and tell me about them.
You mean there's another purpose for a timeout? Citation, please?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sat Jan 10, 2009, 12:38pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
You mean there's another purpose for a timeout? Citation, please?
I don't know it. You may want to ask Juulie or Rita.