The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   "MERRY CHRISTMAS....Everyone!" (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/50537-merry-christmas-everyone.html)

imaref Wed Dec 24, 2008 01:17pm

"MERRY CHRISTMAS....Everyone!"

Here's wishing all you "whistleblowers" a fair game....safe and healthy quads, hammies,knees, ankles and hearts for the rest of the season!

Peace! :rolleyes:

mutantducky Wed Dec 24, 2008 05:17pm

let's us celebrate the holidays by giving T's to everyone, including Tiny Tim

DonInKansas Wed Dec 24, 2008 06:16pm

I got a pair of Air Max Torch II (thanks for the info, Jrut) for basketball and a pair of Mizuno Wave trainers for baseball from the wife this year.

Hooray for Xmas presents you can write off!

Mark Padgett Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:36pm

Happy Hanukkah everyone. :)

http://www.judaica-mall.com/products/16310m.jpg

Back In The Saddle Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:55pm

Merry Christmas to you all. And thank you for the incredible contribution each of you make to my basketball life the other 364 days of the year. :)

BillyMac Thu Dec 25, 2008 07:31am

And To All A Good Night ...

"Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. If we think on these things, there will be born in us a Savior and over us will shine a star sending its gleam of hope to the world." (Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933), American president)

"Unless we make Christmas an occasion to share our blessings, all the snow in Alaska won't make it 'white'." (Bing Crosby (1904-1977), American singer and film actor)

refnrev Thu Dec 25, 2008 09:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle (Post 561550)
Merry Christmas to you all. And thank you for the incredible contribution each of you make to my basketball life the other 364 days of the year. :)

Well said, BITS. A lot of good folks on here.

brandan89 Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:46pm

Happy Holidays, everyone!

refnrev Fri Dec 26, 2008 02:20pm

HEY! It's a Brandan siting. :eek:Where have you been our elusive friend and what are you doing with yourself these days?

JugglingReferee Wed Jan 07, 2009 02:23pm

З Різдвом!

Той, хто їсть Мою Плоть і п'є Мою Кров має життя вічне, і Я воскрешу його в останній день.

From your Eastern Christian friends!

M&M Guy Thu Jan 08, 2009 09:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JugglingReferee (Post 565749)
З Різдвом!

Той, хто їсть Мою Плоть і п'є Мою Кров має життя вічне, і Я воскрешу його в останній день.

From your Eastern Christian friends!

I need to get a new monitor - mine is apparently broken. The above post looks all messed up.

ma_ref Thu Jan 08, 2009 09:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 566095)
I need to get a new monitor - mine is apparently broken. The above post looks all messed up.

I think it's Klingon...

M&M Guy Thu Jan 08, 2009 09:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by ma_ref (Post 566097)
I think it's Klingon...

They're from out east too, right?

(Anything I can do to keep a Christmas thread going into January. Now, if I can only find that last 4th of July thread...)

fullor30 Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 561547)

A little late to the party, hope you had a Happy Hanukkah Mark.

JugglingReferee Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 566095)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ma_ref (Post 566097)
I think it's Klingon...

Cyrillic!

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 566098)
They're from out east too, right?

(Anything I can do to keep a Christmas thread going into January. Now, if I can only find that last 4th of July thread...)

Christmas (as in the day) is near the the start of Christmastide, the 12-day season in the liturgical calendar. Since the East uses the Julian calendar, Christmas in the East continues much into January.