The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 01:55pm
This IS My Social Life

Cool Not Another "Shoes" Thread

Just finished a month-long experiment in lieu of buying the latest and greatest new pair of shoes.
Feet always used to hurt after every game. Didn't want to shell out another 70 bucks for yet another pair of shoes, only to be disappointed again. So I tried this, and it worked out very well.
First, I "lifted" my son's like-new last season's black basketball shoes from his closet floor. Perfect condition, all black high-tops, some kinda Nike shoe, I think. Nothing special. No cost.
Then, knowing they were size 9-1/2, and I wear an 8-1/2, I went and purchased two pair of those Dr. Scholl's foam inserts. Two pair, not just one.
With two pair of cushion inserts, the oversized shoes fit perfectly, my feet no longer hurt even a little (12 games this week, frosh through varsity), I feel like I'm running on air, and all's right with the world.
Might not work for everyone, but it worked for me--and I saved about 70.00 on yet another pair of the latest and greatest shoes that would probably have disappointed me anyway.
Either I'm far too cheap, or brilliant. Either way, I'm 70.00 richer, and my feet are much happier now!
Old Sun Dec 21, 2008, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
First, I "lifted" my son's like-new last season's black basketball shoes from his closet floor. Perfect condition, all black high-tops, some kinda Nike shoe, I think. Nothing special. No cost.
your son didn't get to use his shoes on the court to much last season did he?

but im glad that you found something that works! just as long as your good to go for the next games it's all good! whatever works!