The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   What's in your pocket? (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/50439-whats-your-pocket.html)

Amesman Fri Dec 19, 2008 04:37pm

What's in your pocket?

First of all, yes, we all can see where this one could go in the wrong hands (not pointing any fingers ... ). Hoping for helpful answers, I'll pose it anyway for the curious among us (veteran and non- alike).

Other than the spare Fox 40, what do you take on the court with you?
Anything in particular for courtside?

(By the same token, anything absolutely a bad idea to bring that might not be so apparent at first, or that you've heard someone did have?)

This is gonna help a lot of newer folks.

JRutledge Fri Dec 19, 2008 04:39pm

Nothing but a spare whistle that is attached to a lanyard.

Peace

Indianaref Fri Dec 19, 2008 04:41pm

Needle.

tjones1 Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 559827)
Nothing but a spare whistle that is attached to a lanyard.

Same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 559828)
Needle.

I keep my needle in my jacket and another spare whistle/lanyard.

Mark Padgett Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:00pm

No joke. I use a Chap Stick. It's small, easy to grasp, lightweight and unobtrusive. I use it only to keep track of possession. Other than that, just a handkerchief in my back pocket.

zm1283 Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:09pm

Stamp for the scorebook in my jacket pocket. I need to get a needle because it seems like every night we have a game ball that is inflated WAY too much.

Rich Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amesman (Post 559826)
First of all, yes, we all can see where this one could go in the wrong hands (not pointing any fingers ... ). Hoping for helpful answers, I'll pose it anyway for the curious among us (veteran and non- alike).

(By the same token, anything absolutely a bad idea to bring that might not be so apparent at first, or that you've heard someone did have?)

Handkerchief in one pocket, spare stick of gum in the other. Needle in right jacket pocket.

I have never carried a spare whistle in over 20 years. If I break one, we'll take a short break while I get another.

mj Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:25pm

Nothing in the pants pocket. In the jacket, I have a spare whistle and lanyard (never been used), needle and something not mentioned yet....Listerine strips

Nevadaref Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:51pm

Nothing in pants pockets. I put a spare whistle and a needle in the pocket of my jacket.

bob jenkins Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:52pm

Pocket lint.

Rich Fri Dec 19, 2008 06:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj (Post 559843)
Nothing in the pants pocket. In the jacket, I have a spare whistle and lanyard (never been used), needle and something not mentioned yet....Listerine strips

What if the whistle goes in the second half? :D

refnrev Fri Dec 19, 2008 06:02pm

Handkerchief in back left pocket, and a pocket packs in the right front.

fullor30 Fri Dec 19, 2008 06:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 559834)
No joke. I use a Chap Stick. It's small, easy to grasp, lightweight and unobtrusive. I use it only to keep track of possession. Other than that, just a handkerchief in my back pocket.

Red hanky.........in right back pocket? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Nevadaref Fri Dec 19, 2008 06:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 559861)
What if the whistle goes in the second half? :D

Then we are going to the lockerroom to get it from the jacket pocket.
Not as quick, but that's what's going to happen.

PS I've never had a uniform/equipment problem in all my years of officiating.

HawkeyeCubP Fri Dec 19, 2008 06:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amesman (Post 559826)

Nothing. Ever.