The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 08:33am
Get away from me, Steve.

Shoes (NB 610)

I wore my new pair last night for the first time.

I usually have some foot pain in my NB 888s, so I was just hoping to get through the game with as little pain as possible. For the first time I can remember, I had no pain at all last night. Which is amazing considering they were new shoes, on top of it all.

I think everyone has "their shoe" and I may have found mine.

Anyone else wear the 610? I bought a pair of NB 855BK (I have a white everyday pair and they are extremely comfortable) as a hedge and I may just end up wearing those with jeans, etc. if the 610s hold up.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

621's for me for the past 2 years and have another pair waiting in the wings when these go bad.

I've never tried the 610's.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

I usually have some foot pain in my NB 888s, so I was just hoping to get through the game with as little pain as possible. For the first time I can remember, I had no pain at all last night. Which is amazing considering they were new shoes, on top of it all.

Anyone else wear the 610? I bought a pair of NB 855BK (I have a white everyday pair and they are extremely comfortable) as a hedge and I may just end up wearing those with jeans, etc. if the 610s hold up.
I have a pair of the 610's and really like them. There really wasn't any "break-in" that I had to do on them either, they were good out of the box. I will probably pick up a second pair real soon too.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 11:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post

I've been wearing the 610 for three years now, and I'll never switch unless they stop making them. The 610 holds up very well in my opinion.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 11:28am
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNCref View Post
I've been wearing the 610 for three years now, and I'll never switch unless they stop making them. The 610 holds up very well in my opinion.
Ditto. Best shoe I've found.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 10:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The 610 holds up very well in my opinion.
So, I open up my bag today for my middle school double header, and the side of my 610s has started separating from the sole.

I guess this is what they mean by instant karma.
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 10:49pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Speaking Of Shoes ...

I hope that coaches don't get any ideas from that Iraqi journalist who insulted President Bush by throwing two shoes at him. I've been insulted by coaches before, but have never had anything thrown at me, yet. Some of these coaches have pretty big feet.

How did he get to throw the second shoe? Wouldn't you think that the President would have the best Secret Service protection in the most dangerous country this side of Afghanistan? Was there a second shoe thrower on the grassy knoll ?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I guess this is what they mean by instant karma.
Sounds like a hot beverage to me.
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE=BillyMac;559213]I hope that coaches don't get any ideas from that Iraqi journalist who insulted President Bush by throwing two shoes at him. I've been insulted by coaches before, but have never had anything thrown at me, yet.

I have. I had a coach throw the basketball at me one game. I let it hit my hand and roll back to him. Then I asked him to politely hand me the ball. He did and we resumed play. Next time he spoke, "Whack!" I knew him well enough to know that if I had T'd him up when he threw the ball he would have gone postal on me or my partner and we would have had a huge ugly mess and a possible physical altercation. All three of us (partners and coach) understood what the T was for when he got it. By the book ... no... best way to handle it... in my best judgement, yes.
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 06:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I hope that coaches don't get any ideas from that Iraqi journalist who insulted President Bush by throwing two shoes at him. I've been insulted by coaches before, but have never had anything thrown at me, yet. Some of these coaches have pretty big feet.

How did he get to throw the second shoe? Wouldn't you think that the President would have the best Secret Service protection in the most dangerous country this side of Afghanistan? Was there a second shoe thrower on the grassy knoll ?
I'll tell you one thing: W impressed the heck out of me with his dexterity -- on that first shoe especially. (And you can see he actually shooed -- ooooh, good pun -- away a Secret Service type who closed down on him quickly.)

But you know if you were calling a game he was playing in, he'd be the one defensive ALL the time with the "Who me?" reaction and then smirk whenever a foul was called.
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 06:56pm
Official Forum Member

No 610's but I love my 855's. I usually think of shoe "accessories" as gimmicks but the rollbar really does seem to do its intended job.