The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 10:21am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Looked like a scene from CSI

BJV game, early third quarter. We'd just joked aroundat half time with one of the varsity refs about keeping the game flowing so they could start on time. V24 gets fouled and is heading to the line to shoot, I'm the L. I look up and his elbow is bleeding pretty good. I send him to the bench and start racking my brain to remember how long coach has to get him cleaned up.

I glance down, and it's on the floor, too. By the time the floor was clean, the player was ready.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 10:24am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
BJV game, early third quarter. We'd just joked aroundat half time with one of the varsity refs about keeping the game flowing so they could start on time. V24 gets fouled and is heading to the line to shoot, I'm the L. I look up and his elbow is bleeding pretty good. I send him to the bench and start racking my brain to remember how long coach has to get him cleaned up.

I glance down, and it's on the floor, too. By the time the floor was clean, the player was ready.
Funny... I had a blood situation yesterday too and the same thoughts went through my mind.

I also gave out two Ts in one game. One for slamming the ball to the floor, it goe sup 15' and out to the corner of the gym. Second for a dead-ball chest bump to an opponent.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 10:49am
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Second for a dead-ball chest bump to an opponent.
I'm smiling when I read this. Either the fool thought it was a teammate or he was venting frustration on the wrong poor soul. I can just picture this now...
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 11:10am
Official Forum Member

He doesn't get any set amount of time.

If he is bleeding, he has to be directed to leave the game. Doesn't matter if the trainer is going to put a band-aid on it and he's ready in 2 seconds.

If the coach is going to buy him back into the game by taking a time-out, THEN he has until the end of the time-out to get the player patched up.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2008, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpneck View Post
He doesn't get any set amount of time.

If he is bleeding, he has to be directed to leave the game. Doesn't matter if the trainer is going to put a band-aid on it and he's ready in 2 seconds.

If the coach is going to XXXbuy him back intoXXX [KEEP HIM IN] the game by taking a time-out, THEN he has until the end of the time-out to get the player patched up.
Almost 100% correct. You can't buy someone back in who never left!

BTW at the NCAAW level the team has 20 seconds to get the player cleaned up and ready without burning a time-out. That may be what Snaqwells was thinking about.